IRC International HUB office is seeking to fill the position of a Finance Assistant based in Nairobi. The Finance Assistant shall report to the IHUB Finance Officer, with the oversight and guidance of the IHUB Finance Coordinator.
Working hand in hand with the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant shall help in the day-to-day accounting operations in accordance with IRC’s policies and procedures, and in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). procedures and donor compliance.
1. Accounting, Compliance and Monitoring
• Input of Bank Payments into the online bank payments system in readiness for review by the Finance Officer.
• Ensuring timely authorizations on the payment’s requests are in line with the approved limits per the delineation chart.
• Perform monthly bank reconciliations for both the Kes and USD bank accounts.
• Input of New Vendors into the online bank payments system in readiness for review by the Finance Officer
• Tracking and following up with IHUB Staffs utilities bills and ensuing they are paid in time.
• Tracking IHUB Staffs home internet reimbursements and ensuing they are paid in time.
• Processing of staff’s monthly salary and travel advances.
• Supporting the petty cash system as guided by the Finance Officer.
• Reconcile the Balance sheet accounts for the assigned accounts at the end of every monthly close out.
• Ensure that a supervised petty cash counts are performed every Friday.
• Maintaining the receipt book and ensuring that authorized receipts are issued upon receipt of monies.
• Prepare adjustment journals to be posted in the system during month end close out.
• Share remittance advice with the vendors for all processed vendor payments.
• Check all the bank statements regularly for any receipts and other peculiar items and notify your supervisor accordingly
• Ensure that all other payroll deductions are remitted to the respective institutions by the 9th of the next month.
2. Document control
• Assist the Operations Assistant in raising supplier payment requests and ensuring completeness and accuracy of supporting
documents attachment on payment requests
• Ensure adherence to the delineation chart for all authorizations on payment and purchase requests
• Maintain an organized, well-documented and sequential filing system for payments on the Box Folders.
• Counter check to confirm that all payments requests have been signed by the requestor, reviewer, and approver.
• To act as a bank agent for the IRC International HUB Office
• Assist with the Internal and External audit preparations including putting together relevant documentation for the Audit.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
• A bachelor’s degree in Finance/Business Administration with full CPA (K) qualification
Required Experience & Competencies:
• At least 4 years of Accounting Experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office software with a bias in Ms. Excel, PDF and other collaboration tools and preferably having a working knowledge in ERP.
• Flexible and a can-do approach to tasks and the ability to adapt to a changing and challenging environment.
• Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions, and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Should be willing, ready and able to perform other duties as delegated to him/her by the supervisor while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
• Ability to work in and as a team.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation