Open to Internal and External Candidates**
Position Title: Project Assistant, Case Management
Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : August 1st, 2021
Reference Code : VN2021/035 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The united States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) operates wolrdwide with a target of providing resettlement opportunities to tens of thousand of refugees each year. IOM provides a range of services and support to the USRAP including, bot not limited to, case processind, migration health assesments, cultural orientation training, organized transportations and administration of a travel loan and collections program. The department of operations and Emergencies (DOE), specifically the resttlement and Movement division (RMM), has the organizational responsibilty to provide direction, oversight and guidance to IOM´S global support to all resettlement programs.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for refugee resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration(PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Latin America region. RSC LA manage US Resettlement activities in Latin America and Caribbean. RSC LA prepares refugee applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officer, facilitates security and medical screening, provides information about arriving refugees to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to refugees departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Project Officer, Case Management, RSC LA, the direct supervision of the Project Associate, Case Management, RSC LA, and with monitoring and guidance from the Project Focal Point, Case Management, RSC LA, the Project Assistant is responsible for undertaking case management activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions/ Responsibilities
· Undertake case management activities in an assigned area or areas, such as file integrity, program access, prescreening, field team, adjudications support, scheduling or pre-departure services.
· Assist in the efficient and effective management of refugee case files and medical records, including, if assigned, undertaking such duties as creating new case files, distributing case files, filing returned files, keeping accurate and comprehensive track of files through the file tracking system, scanning files and transforming case files into travel packets.
· Undertake refugee formfill interviews for the purposes of recording biographical information, including, if assigned, accurately completing necessary forms, correctly entering data into the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Program System (WRAPS) and other databases, scanning, photocopying, attaching and filing documents, translating basic documents, and photographing applicants in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Assist with the organization and/or scheduling of refugee appointments, including, if assigned, running ad hoc reports, entering data into schedules in WRAPS or another database, updating schedules, issuing notifications, visiting applicants in camps and other locations to relay appointment information, and/or assisting with circuit ride logistics.
· Assist with the adjudication of refugee case files by providing, if assigned, interpretation during interviews, data entry services, logistical support and assisting with the notification of results to refugee applicants as needed.
· Update WRAPS with biographical and other sensitive information such as interview dates, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) interview and fingerprint results, medical data and resettlement location preferences, and, if assigned, activate processes such as program access verification, security checks or assurances as required.
· Undertake quality assurance checks of refugee files and case data in WRAPS as directed by Case Management team members or supervisors.
· Provide regular reports on work being accomplished to the Project Focal Point, Case Management, and/or supervisors and team members.
· Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
· Demonstrate a solid understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants and colleagues.
· Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Focal Point or RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and experience
· Completed secondary education required
· Four years of working experience with secondary education;
two years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree
experience conducting interviews and interpretations is an advantage
· Attention to detail and ability to organize
· Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel and Internet
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
· Fluency in Spanish and English (Oral and Written)
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by August 1st, 2021** at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
- DUAL CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED (US CITIZEN/ SALVADOREAN) OR CITIZEN WITH PERMISSION TO WORK IN EL SALVADOR.
· The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
· The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
*KEEP IN MIND:
· Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
· Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
· The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.