The Finance Coordinator is accountable for providing Finance and account support to the Senegal regional office. S/he will carry out financial management operations, including financial analyses, reconciliations, detailed reviews, process transactions in accordance with IRC financial policies and procedures.
• Leads the preparation and maintenance of the regional office Operating Budget to ensure data is complete and maintained on a timely basis.
• Monitor office spending and advise Managers if there is a deviation from the policy.
• Review of actual vs. budget results to ensure maximum utilization of budgeted amounts and to provide recommendations for realignments as required.
• Prepare cost allocation analysis for the distribution of the monthly hosting costs across the budgets.
• Maintain accurate forecasts of budget to meet future spending, including commitments entered into and which obligate IRC to future spending.
2. SUN Processing
• Control over and/or entry of changes to the Chart of Accounts, Analysis Codes and Exchange Rates
• Perform or supervise the posting of entries ensuring proper controls are enforced and appropriate systems in place to maintain all required supporting documentation.
• Produce required monthly and ad hoc reports.
• Develop expertise to control the system, develop new reports and be able to train staff in processing of data.
• Ensure budgets are loaded on a timely basis.
• Ensure a backup and retention procedure is in place and followed for all SUN master files.
• Supervise or perform all balance sheet account reconciliations on a timely basis
• Ensure differences or discrepancies are brought to the attention of the Regional Finance Director and that appropriate action is taken.
• Recommending standard formats for reconciliation’s and/or procedures to improve the underlying accounting, control, or processing of transactions to minimize errors or omissions.
• Reconcile advance tracking sheets with the balance sheet reconciliation.
• Responsible for the correct archiving of accounting documents.
• Review of and accounting for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments
• Providing input to Purchase Request approvals to ensure commitments are considered before further purchases approved
• Assisting in or reviewing physical inventory counts and ensuring proper valuation and accounting for inventory or supply items.
4. Internal Controls & Audit management
• Closely monitors all financial activities and keeps the Regional Finance Director advised of all situations that potentially have a negative impact on internal controls or financial performance.
• Reviews of controls and monitoring of compliance with established procedures.
• Set up financial controls for the regional office – Processes, and systems for Finance.
• Facilitate and coordinate external and internal Regional Office audits.
• Maintains current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
• Preparation of written reports for review by the Regional Finance Director which identify key issues and provide recommendations for improving control processes or procedures
• Ensuring internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursements, receipts and transfers
5. Bank and Cash Management
• Supervision of the processing of bank and cash transactions for the regional office
• Ensure preparation of cash forecasts for the regional office
• Monitor cash usage and inform the Regional Finance Director of any unusual activities or requirements
• Ensure the maintenance of an accurate and updated cash flow report and always ensure the sufficiency of bank reserves for all regional office bank accounts
• Work with managers to help them develop more accurate cash forecasts
6. National Payroll
• Supervise the processing of payroll for national staff in the regional office ensuring standard financial controls are maintained.
• Supervise the preparation of the necessary related accounting entries including salary allocations for the regional office
• Ensure all statutory deductions are remitted on time for payroll processing.
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognized professional certificate in accounting (CPA or equivalent certification would be preferred).
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience and three (3) years managerial experience.
• Experienced with various PC and financial related software (spreadsheets, accounting packages).
• Must have a proven track record of proactively identifying and communicating potential problems and proposing solutions.
• Committed to staff capacity building and effective at facilitation.
Skills And Abilities:
• Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
• Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English and French with management and employees
• Comfortable making decisions.
• Good supervisory, time management and interpersonal skills
• Very good in handling multiple tasks and good in delegation
• Receptive to building and maintaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures, and viewpoints.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
• Good at the role of facilitator and a team player in solving problems.
• Committed to staff training and development
• A commitment to IRC's values and humanitarian principles.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.