The HR Coordinator supports a team of national and expatriate staff based in the Regional Office in Dakar, Senegal and is responsible for the strategic management of Human Resources in compliance with the local labor law, social legislation and IRC's global policies.
In general, s/he will manage the human resources team to ensure adequate staff recruitment and development, contract management, compensation and benefits management, employee engagement and retention. S/he will adapt and implement the organization's overall human resources initiatives and policies.
1. Strategic HR Leadership and Management
• Support the development of the Regional Office’ human resources approach to attract, develop, motivate, and retain the best talent
• Lead a collaborative approach to Employee Engagement, Gender, Diversity, Equality & Inclusion (DEI) and Staff Care strategy and supporting initiatives, drawing on regional and HQ inputs and resources.
• Conduct monthly and quarterly strategic HR metrics and analysis to inform decision-making on the Regional Office inputs to global HR scorecards and action plans.
• In consultation with the Regional Director of Human Resources and the Global Director of Duty of Care, develop staff care action plans that help maintain motivation and promote staff well-being.
2. Talent Acquisition
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate national staff recruitment in accordance with IRC's overall recruitment policy to ensure objective, transparent and efficient recruitment.
• Continually assess and refine recruitment tactics, establish an active network and use innovative and creative recruitment methods to attract and hire the best talent. Proactively position IRC as an employer brand of choice in the country.
• Review and approve job applications, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
• Ensure timely submission of weekly and monthly recruitment reports.
• Plan, coordinate and facilitate the orientation of newly hired staff in accordance with the overall orientation policy.
3. Performance management and staff development
• Coordinate the performance management process with line managers of Regional Office employees.
• Support and guide managers in the development of their staff and promote the IRC Model of Excellence, IRC leadership standards and a culture of continuous feedback within teams.
• Support in Learning & Development initiatives by carrying out Training Needs Analysis for all client staff;
• In close collaboration with Talent team, coordinate access to learning offers on Kaya, Compass, Navigator , e-Connell and monitor, track employee participation.
4. Compliance and Employee Relations
• Communicate and encourage the active practice of The IRC Way - Global Standards of Professional Conduct".
• Report problems related to the code of conduct, lead or co-lead employee relations investigations and ensure that problems are resolved, and appropriate follow-up is carried out. Partner with the Ethics and Compliance Unit (ECU) and seek its advice as appropriate.
• Provide direct support to Line Managers on staff communications to ensure clear, consistent, timely and transparent communication on issues impacting staff.
5. HR Administration and Compensation management
• Ensure that all administrative procedures for drawing up, signing and approving employment contracts and registering employees with the various social structures are complied with.
• Ensure all international staff have proper work documentation in compliance with legal requirements
• Ensure that the IRC staff movement plan and leave planning, visa monitoring of international and national staff are regularly updated to ensure strict follow-up.
• Ensure proactive management of all national staff contracts to avoid involuntary tacit renewals.
• Ensure that individual personnel files are compiled and updated in real time.
• Ensure that human resources databases are updated in real time (Workday, etc.).
• Administer the payroll and ensure that all social, tax and legal obligations are met within the required timeframe.
• Ensure the submission of the various periodic HR reports within the required timeframe.
• Participate in the preparation of the budget, define and review the salary structure, coordinate the annual salary review process with the support of the head office compensation team.
• Ensure international HR management, including management of policies, processes, and employee relations, with the support of the Regional HR Director, where appropriate.
• Advise and support supervisors in the determination of appropriate, consistent, and sound disciplinary action in accordance with local labor law and global policy.
• Coordinate staff departure to ensure a transparent and positive transition for all departing employees.
• Support new international staff, visitors on mission, by setting up a tracking of visitors to Senegal (in the process of obtaining a visa preparation of the letter of invitation, contact with embassies, etc ..) in accordance with the travel procedures in force.
• Support global and technical units (programs and projects) in the management of individual consultants
• Master’s university degree in HR Management, International Relations or Development, MBA, Law or related field is preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience as an HR generalist with managerial dimension.
• At least two (2) years of experience with an international organization or international experience.
• Strategic leadership experience managing an HR function for large budget programs in the INGO sector is strongly preferred.
• Remote management experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relations in a diverse and multicultural environment.
• Ability to be proactive by bringing creative and innovative ideas and acting as a champion for change.
• Results-based approach to planning and prioritizing human resources activities.
• Demonstrated commitment to work/life balance for self and others.
• Demonstrated experience in professional discretion, integrity and ability to manage complex human resource situations with diplomacy and effective resolution.
• Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills in French and English
• Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the Senegal labor law is required.
• Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, Egalite, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.