Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The purpose of this five-year project is to support USAID/Nigeria staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent activities by improving: (1) USAID and Implementing Partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of activity and project performance; and (3) Mission and activity ability to collaborate, learn, and adapt (CLA).
SI is seeking a part-time Finance Manager (75%) to oversee financial planning and management, as well as logistical and administrative support to the activity team. The Finance Manager must ensure administrative, financial, contractual, and procurement activities are carried out in compliance with SI and USAID regulations and policies and procedures.
Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Nigerian citizenship will be considered.
- Manage and oversee activity finance and administration.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with SI and USAID regulations.
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and ethical business practices.
- Work with senior management to ensure that financial management and reporting are following USAID requirements.
- Manage activity start-up and support the initial work planning process.
- Establish procedures for and manage a payroll services firm to administer staff salaries and benefits, consultant payments, and other expenses.
- Ensure payroll calculations, including tax withholding, employee/employer contributions, and other deductions, are accurate and in compliance with local regulations.
- Develop financial reports as needed.
- Implement other functions relevant to the position, including regular meetings with SI Headquarters Management Team.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, business, financial management, or other relevant field required.
- At least seven years of financial management and contracts expertise with USAID-funded projects required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Nigerian payroll income tax calculations and health policy calculations for all full-time staff.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Oral and written fluency in English.
How to apply
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA2&cws=1&rid=3768
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.