Central Africa Third Party (CART) Monitoring Project,
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Afghanistan, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID-funded Central Africa Third Party Monitoring Project (CART) is a five-year project with an in-country presence in the Central African Republic (CAR) and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and a remote presence in the Republic of Congo (ROC). This project on behalf of USAID's Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance, aims to establish self-guided, impartial, timely, responsive, contextualized, and forward-looking third party monitoring (TPM) and operational support services in Central Africa. CART will provide a comprehensive range of verification and outcome monitoring, and learning services that will increase BHA's and its implementing partners' (IP) understanding of the outputs, outcomes, progress, successes, results, and lessons learned for both emergency and non-emergency activities within CAR, DRC, and ROC. This project seeks to improve BHA's capability to utilize humanitarian assistance resources to ameliorate the drivers of poverty and malnutrition characterized by complex emergencies within the region.
**Please note: U.S. work authorization is required for this position.
The Project Manager will support the management of all contractual, financial and logistical aspects of this project. The Project Manager will provide critical support to this fast paced project with field offices in Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Project Manager.
- Coordinate contractual and financial matters for the project
- Manage international and local subcontractors
- Manage project finances and approval requirements
- Track incoming costs, outgoing activity costs, future expenditures and preparation of financial reports
- Coordinate with field finance staff
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of short-term technical and long-term technical project staff
- Assist with developing project team meetings
- Coordinate logistics for onboarding field project office employees and international travel
- Work closely with MSI project team, reviewing and editing contract deliverables, such as site visit reports and quarterly and annual reports
- Track and ensure on-time client deliverables
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the project team
- Provide support in reviewing field expense reports and backup documentation
- Manage and organize project files, including coordinating with field office filing
- Serve as the primary Home Office Person of Contact (HO POC) for procurements
- Manage the project's Global Rural-Urban Mapping Project (GRUMP) entries
- Support other backstopping tasks as required
- Bachelor's degree in international affairs, social science, or a related field is required. Master's preferred
- At minimum three years of relevant work experience supporting USAID- funded contracts required
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and policies, especially as they relate to contracting and procurement
- Ability to work solo and on a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relationships with subcontractors and colleagues
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally for short periods (up to around three-four weeks) preferred
- Fluency in written and oral English language skills are required
- Fluency in written and oral French language skills strongly preferred
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com