VSF Germany is an international Non-Governmental Organization, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance. In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in the Republic of Southern Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing, food safety, drought responses and mitigation, but also developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating diversified income sources towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities.
VSF Germany seeks to recruit a qualified Logistics and Security Manager to be responsible for ensuring that all Logistics, Security and procurement activities in South Sudan are done in accordance with the required standards and procedures. VSF G expects the role holder to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and key internal controls within the organization. This position is based in Juba South Sudan with regular field visits in the different States and locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Leadership and operations
· Manage and supervise all VSF G logistics activities, incl. procurement, warehousing, asset management, fleet management and material planning.
· Ensure regular and rigorous supervision of all logistics units to ensure quality and follow up of VSF G procedures and donor compliance.
· Implement and improve logistics management systems and develop systems for internal control
· Coordinate with all programmes and departments, and support as necessary their planning and analysis for improved cost efficiency and timely delivery of assets and services.
· Ensure that VSF Germany participates in relevant country level coordination and cluster mechanisms, and ensure appropriate liaison with national actors and agencies, on issues affecting VSF Germany’s logistical operations and staff safety.
· Be responsible for the continued development and implementation of safety and security systems (incl. policies, plans, procedures) for VSF Germany in South Sudan, especially ensuring staff adherence to these.
· Ensure adequate security training for staff in order to ensure awareness and promote inclusion, participation, and leadership on safety and security among the entire VSF Germany South Sudan team.
· Analyse the overall security situation, threats and trends, in the existing and potential areas of programming, including through conducting regular and ad hoc security assessment missions to field locations.
· Conduct regular visits to VSF Germany sub-offices and project sites to support staff and ensure proper logistics and security procedures and conditions.
· Manage, supervise and secure adequate capacity building of staff in the Logistics and Security department
· Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Logistics, or Business management
· Relevant education with specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain
· Training is security management is an added advantage.
· At least five years’ relevant experience and demonstrated success managing logistics in structurally limited settings, for an international NGO or non-profit organisation.
· Experience working with safety and security in high risk settings, preferably with an understanding of the NGO perspective on safety and security.
· Experience working in South Sudan is an added advantage.
· Knowledge of key donor funding conditions to ensure compliance is mandatory
· Excellent communication skills, with a high level of proficiency in English
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural/multi-national setting
Good computer skills
How to apply
An interested and qualified candidate who meets the minimum requirement should send the following through firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com on or before 27th July 2021 at 24:59 hours. Indicate on the subject the ‘Logistics, Procurement and Security Manager’. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Submit a Cover letter for application and updated CV of not more than three pages in one document (with at least three professional referees). Quote salary expectations in the Cover letter.
DON’T SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letter as you will provide them upon request only. Only short listed candidates-will be contacted for interviews.