You will serve as the South Sudan Collaborative Cash Delivery (CCD) manage and facilitate discussions between the various members, drive forward collaborative activities, establish a more robust framework for CCD structure and operations in South Sudan, and promote CCD for both fundraising and awareness-raising efforts. You will be accountable for any workstreams that are put in place and reporting to the various stakeholders (CCD members in South Sudan, CCD South Sudan Steering Committee and Global CCD Coordinators). You will ensure the development, finalization and adherence to any Governance Framework and MoU for the South Sudan CCD Country Platform.
Required Languages - English
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Able to work independently, with a lot of drive, energy and dynamism.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Experience leading collaborations and/or consortiums with strong negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and managing humanitarian CVA, with solid knowledge of cash programming, humanitarian operations and ideally modernizing approaches to cash distributions (digitizing the ‘cash system’, Financial Service Provider engagement, beneficiary data management systems etc.).
- Inquisitive and innovative mind and be flexible and adaptable, responding to situations that arise over the course of the deployment.
- Project management experience in cash programming is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Head of Programs, CCD South Sudan Platform CVA technical staff and Steering Committee Members.
External: Cash Working Group, Cluster Leads, Donors, CCD Global Facilitators, other CCD Collaboration Managers, CVA technical forum representative at the Global and Regional level.
- Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations or Social Protection required. Additional fields of study relevant to the role may be considered. Employment experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant field-based experience working on cash and voucher programming in complex and fragile settings, preferably with an international NGO.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience coordinating or managing light to moderately complex inter-agency projects required.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
? Continuous Improvement & Innovation
? Builds Relationships
? Develops Talent
? Strategic Mindset
? Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
*Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and respo nsibilities associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people - especially children and vulnerable adults - to live free from abuse and harm. CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.