Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development organization, with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
S/he will be responsible for the administration of human resource policies and process related to recruitment, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits and HR relations.
- Responsible in job advertising vacant position upon securing updated Job Description from the P&C Manager
- Conduct preliminary shortlisting of applicants, schedule interviews/exams with applicants, prepare documentation of interviews, communicate with applicants on the status of application, request for pre-employment requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of occupational safety and health practices by facilitating staff healthcare and accident insurance coverage and benefit claims
- Assist in sending the Employment Contract for successful candidate and thank you note for those who did not pass.
B. Compensation and Benefits
- Prepare computation for staff payroll
- Facilitate staff salary loan applications including SSS and HDMF and monitors payment schedule
- Maintain neat and orderly files of salary and benefits information and ensure confidentiality
- Address staff concerns regarding payroll discrepancies and other related inquiries
- Monitor and ensure all employees are given communication allowance on a monthly basis
C. Records Management
- Ensure proper 201 filin
- Ensure accurate records and monitoring of salary advances of employee
- Maintain strict compliance to Data Privacy Act and maintain confidentiality of personnel information.
D. Administrative Support
- Act as Liaison between Educo and government agencies for staff requests (SSS, PHIC, HDMF and BIR), assist in documentation of meetings, ensure proper records management of the unit
- Clerical support to Manager during the management of labor-related cases
E. Compliance to Corporate Mandates
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards such as but not limited to Safeguarding Policy (Child Protection and Protection Against Sexual Exploitation and Harassment (PSEAH) Anti-Fraud, Whistle Blower Policy, and P&C Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in any Country Office committee as requested
F. Staff Care
- Inform Manager on any observed concerns regarding staff care and well-being
- Provide suggestions that if implemented, contributes to staff general safety and positive work experience
G. Personal Development
- Attend internally and externally facilitated training events, workshops, symposiums, studies, conferences to enhance level of performance. Maximize the use of ICT for greater awareness of local and global trends affecting development work. Accepts special objective assignments for skills enhancement and expansion. Shares learning to benefit others.
- Perform other tasks that are needed to ensure deliverables of project/program implementation are met.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Management/ Accounting/ Behavioral Science / Psychology / Human Resource Management. Graduates of other course may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role.
- At least 1-3 years of relevant experience in admin and HR
- Familiarity with standard HR processes
- Experience in dealing with people and knowledge of government requirements
- Ability to write reports, support implementation of policies
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills
- Good research skills and high attention to detail
*We are offering:**
- A regular position, subject for probationary status for the first six (6) months. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, a subject line written as Application for People and Culture Assistant. Last Name. First Name.* Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The deadline for submission of CV and Applications is until September 26, 2021. We will respond to shortlisted applicants within two (2) weeks after the closing date of applications. Due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status to apply for the post.