Latin America, exact location flexible. Mexico or Colombia are preferred, but other countries will be considered. Established residency and work authorization in the job post country are required.
Director, Business Development (based in USA)
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FOUNDATION (IYF®)
For 30 years, our sole focus has been to help young people succeed. Together with partners around the world, we’ve invested in ensuring that youth develop the leadership, technical, and life skills to earn a livelihood. Whether it’s landing a first job, growing a business, or driving social change, every young person deserves the opportunity to realize his or her full potential. Rooted in the belief of youth as problem-solvers, change-makers, and leaders, our initiatives are catalysts for change. For more information please consult www.iyfglobal.org.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This position supports efforts to secure resources to carry out IYF’s mission and strategic priorities. In partnership with a dynamic and committed team of professionals worldwide, this position drives the cultivation of donor and partner relationships, positioning for and pursuit of competitive funding opportunities, and generation of innovative, transformative programs to advance youth development. This position focuses primarily on public donor agencies, including the US Government (USG) and other bilateral and multilateral institutional funders, and collaborates closely with IYF’s Corporate and Foundation Partnerships unit to identify and leverage shared-value opportunities. This position will primarily focus on business development in Latin America and the Caribbean region but may also support opportunities in other priority regions and countries as needed.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- ·Advance IYF’s business development strategy to deliver on the organization’s revenue generation goal and position IYF as a leader in the youth development sector.
- Identify and track potential new funding opportunities from USAID and other public donor institutions, by analyzing development funding trends, monitoring solicitation forecasts, and supporting country offices to generate and utilize local business intelligence.
- Manage capture efforts, bids, and co-creation opportunities in accordance with established IYF processes and procedures, supporting cross-functional proposal teams to design and produce high quality submissions that comply with funder requirements and distinguish IYF as an implementing partner of choice.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with funders and partners, in partnership with business development and program staff and executive leadership. Market IYF programs and assets, and support IYF to be recognized as a partner of choice among donors, peer organizations and community stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of business development processes, tools, and staff capacities in IYF’s headquarters and country offices, supporting stronger competitive positioning and higher win rates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of USG and other public donor-funded program administration, project implementation, and/or award procurement processes required.
- Ability to make sound judgments, assume responsibility, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and balance priorities to ensure that tasks are completed accurately and in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to operate effectively in a multicultural, international team environment and to manage matrixed, cross-functional teams.
- Full professional fluency (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish required. Proficiency in Portuguese and/or French is a plus.
- Business development and growth-oriented mindset required
- Proposal management and development skills strongly preferred, including experience designing, conceptualizing, outlining, and contributing to research and writing of successful applications to USG and other public donors. Familiarity with budget preparation is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is required. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Willingness to travel internationally, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, or closely related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in business development and/or project management for USG and other public donor-funded activities.
- Experience creating, disseminating, and institutionalizing best practices and strong business processes, and building staff capacities through formal and informal learning channels.
- Experience implementing youth development, education, civic engagement, and/or economic development activities in the international development context is a plus.
How to apply
Please submit the following documents in English via email to email@example.com with "BD Manager - LAC" in the subject line:
- Completed IYF Field Office Application for Employment
- Cover letter
The International Youth Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.