At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FINPL) - Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Financial Planning & Analysis helps realize this objective by: Providing financial forecasting, analyses, and strategic oversight; Developing business models and financial reports, coordinating the annual corporate budget process; Facilitating strategic decision-making through focused, relevant research, analyses, and communication; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Implementing innovative financial management tactics and methodologies; Contributing to the organization's ability to think and act strategically; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
Reporting to the FP&A Manager, the FP&A Finance Specialist is responsible for providing financial and analytical support to Pact and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare and disseminate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Design and develop financial reports in Workday Adaptive Planning software
- Conduct data mining and data warehouse activities in Workday Adaptive Planning
- Ensure data integrity across all financial reporting applications
- Provide support in the preparation of the annual fiscal year budget, working with cost center owners in DC and Country Offices
- Provide support to the organizational quarterly forecasting process , working closely with cost center owners
- Analyze financial data for spending variances to ensure appropriate budget management
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports as requested by cost center owners and senior management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (with a strong understanding of systems) with a minimum of five (5) years experience or Master's degree with three (3) years of experience
- Strong financial and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of excel
- Understanding of accounting -including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Ability to research, analyze, and evaluate
- Fluent English
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong numerical ability and quantitative skills
- Self-confidence, drive, and tenacity
- Ability to take initiative, being flexible and innovative
- Interest in current international development affairs and their impact on the market
- US Citizenship/Permanent Residency required
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Jet Reports and Workday Adaptive Planning or similar cloud-based solutions
- MS Finance or MBA preferable
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply
Please click here to apply for this position.