Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Director of Finance and Administration, Ethiopia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated agriculture program in Ethiopia funded by USAID. This activity will increase access to healthy diets, particularly for women and children, by improving the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of the food and agriculture system.
The Director of Finance and Administration will provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s financial position. The program is anticipated to start in early 2022 and this position is envisioned to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the project’s finances, including financial analysis and accounting management.
- Develop, oversee, and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures, and internal controls, adapting them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices
- Establish efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance, and risk management
- Lead the annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitoring progress and changes
- Prepare and execute action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations and to mitigate operational and compliance risks
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost
- Ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance and administration
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration, or relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field including minimum 5 years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to procurement and finance required.
- Strong written communication skills required, with a demonstrated ability to write reports in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner.
- Experience working in Ethiopia preferred.
- Fluency in Amharic preferred, English required.
Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.