ABOUT OUR MISSION
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For almost 40 years, our organization has worked towards meeting the three basic needs - water, food and shelter – of vulnerable and crisis-affected populations and has been more specifically committed to fight against waterborne diseases, leading cause of death in the world. SI’s interventions are carried out based on its expertise in the field of access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential ones of food security and livelihoods. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is currently present in about 20 countries where SI staff – a total of 2,000 people comprising expatriates, local staff, HQ employees and some volunteers – implements programs with professionalism and commitment whilst being mindful of respecting other cultures.
IAPG stands for Inter Agency Procurement Group.
The Inter-Agency Procurement Group is a network of procurement & logistics professionals who share the idea that:
- International NGOs can enhance their influence among stakeholders and increase their negotiating power acting as a group rather than as individuals.
- Collaboration and knowledge sharing in procurement and the supply chain is key to maximizing the capacity of the whole community. Working together in this way will enhance the quality and the cost effectiveness of our actions for beneficiaries.
RLH stands for Réseau Logistique Humanitaire
The RLH is a network of 9 heads of logistics from international NGOs created in 2014, working together with the aim to:
- Lead advocacy actions to show the strategic role of humanitarian logistics
- Optimize humanitarian logistics through “resources pooling”
- Improve operational efficiency through a shared strategy
ABOUT THE JOB
Information management & project management
- Produce content on initiatives of the networks (inputs will be provided by members, the intern will formalize & write draft final versions)
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents to contribute to the development of accurate documentation
- Lead the organization and the capitalization of the produced documentation (position paper, networks governance documentation, publication, meeting minutes)
- Consolidate & analyze data gathered amongst partners through internal documentation (benchmarks, policy review, questionnaires…)
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available
- Conduct a monitoring activity on key logistics news (Logistics Cluster, HLA, HELP Logistics, Trainings available etc.) and prepare weekly short summaries for both networks
Networks Coordination & animation
- Participate in the preparation and facilitation of work sessions (prepare working documents and coordinate the inputs from all members, prepare presentation supports and facilitation elements)
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices for members
- Review governing rules of IAPG network (decision making process, membership validation, expectation over attendance etc)
Administrative & finance work
- Support processing and managing routine administrative tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of the groups (including but not limited to meetings organization, workshops animation, agenda preparation, meeting minutes, management and update of contact lists …)
- Support on accountability and administrative tasks (budget follow-up, re-invoicing coordination and follow-up…)
- Take charge of communication and visibility on professional online networks (LinkedIn & IAPG Website mostly)
- Support networks outreach (events planning, participation to conferences, publications…) by facilitating the connection of the different partners of the networks
This Logistics Network Facilitator is a new position that will work under the shared supervision of the IAPG & RLH coordinators both based at Solidarités International HQ. Therefore, this internship will based at SI HQ, Clichy, France. However, the Facilitator will be in touch with all members of the two networks (more than 30 organisations).
- Discover how NGO headquarters works
- Understand relationships between the different humanitarian actors
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the humanitarian logistics environment and actors
- Develop knowledge of humanitarian logistics challenges
- This internship is the opportunity to be at the heart of the current dynamics of mutualization in logistics and to participate in the transformation of humanitarian logistics.
- Master’s in development, international aid, social science, politics
- Proficient in use of office equipment and computer software packages, including Microsoft Office use.
- Strong organizational and planning skills (Experience in organizing an event is a plus)
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively
- Good oral skills, ability to structure and lead meetings & projects
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and French (IAPG working language is English, RLH working language is French)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to engage remotely with multiple stakeholders
- The intern must have a French “Titre de séjour étudiant”
- French internship agreement with an university is mandatory.
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- Monthly compensation: Legal bonus of 15 % upper limit of the Social Security hours in force. The compensation is calculated in proportion with the actual hours of presence during the month (On average 1month = 154h, or 22 days of 7h/day).
- Benefits: 50% of transportation costs (Navigo Pass), and 60% of the monthly cost of food vouchers (tickets restaurant of a value of 8,90 € per working day)
- Paid leave policy: 2 paid leaves per month
- Desired start date: July 2021
- Duration: 6 months minimum
- This internship is a fulltime position
How to apply
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: https://bit.ly/3zV242p. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/