Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Animated by our Catholic faith’s call to action to alleviate suffering and work to create a more just world for the world’s poorest, most marginalized, and vulnerable people, CRS seeks to build a movement of millions of people in the United States and around the world to increase the Church’s impact and influence in combatting global poverty, violence and injustice.
The Advocacy team within CRS’s Mission an d Mobilization (M2) division, advances CRS' social justice vision and presence on the United States Capitol Hill and with foreign affairs agencies of the United States Government, with particular emphasis on reducing global poverty and contributing to a more just world.
The Advocacy Assistant supports the advocacy work of the Government Relations team in the Mission and Mobilization department. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for day-to-day administrative, logistical, and operational needs which contributes to the overall advocacy strategy and campaign goals of the U.S.-facing Mission and Mobilization department
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Enter, update, and maintain data, create, and run reports related to grant activities in Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform
- Update and maintain documents on the Advocacy SharePoint site
- Organize meetings and events on and offsite, including scheduling meetings, booking event spaces, coordinating catering, collating materials, reordering supplies, and taking meeting minutes
- Manage all travel and logistics, including transportation, lodging, meals, supplies, Audio/Visual (A/V), and expense reporting/reimbursements
- Lead record-keeping and budget reconciliation of Government Relations and grant project expenses
- Prepare all required grant reporting
- Assist with desktop research requests, as needed
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience Minimum two years of relevant administrative support experience
- Demonstrated experience in event/meeting coordination and logistics
Travel- Occasional travel to CRS' Baltimore office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs)
- In-depth proficiency with Salesforce and Microsoft products, including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic environment and with colleagues located remotely
- Ability to prioritize, manage time, and multi-task
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of financial e-budgeting tool Adaptive Insights (or similar platform)
- Familiarity with Capitol Hill, legislative processes, or legislative advocacy
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Supervisory Responsibilities none
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions
- This position is based in Catholic Relief Services’ Washington, DC office.
- One must be willing and able to work according to the United States Congressional calendar/schedule.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. *EOE/M/F/D/V* -CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.