General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Sudan since 1985. Currently GOAL is a leading health and nutrition, WASH and FSL INGO in Sudan, working in South Kordofan and North Darfur states, and supporting the federal Ministry of Health Nutrition Department with technical support. Overall, GOAL provides integrated health, nutrition, WASH, and FSL programming to meet urgent humanitarian needs of the population and build capacity of agencies to respond.
General Description of the Role:
The SYSTEMS DIRECTOR provides strong leadership as a member of senior management, promotes good stewardship and provides direction to the Systems function, as well as enhancing cross functional communication thus ensuring that systems support effective programming. The SYSTEMS DIRECTOR will work closely with the Country Director and Systems Director– Programmes (SYSTEMS DIRECTORP) in strategic planning to ensure that the support structure adequately supports the programme.
The Systems department comprises Logistics, Facilities management, HR, Administration, IT and Security
- Provide support and leadership for GOAL Sudan internal support systems.
- Enhancing cross functional communication thus ensuring that systems support effective programme development and implementation.
- Manage Logistics, HR, Administration (incl. facilities and security) and IT to facilitate support for current and future programmes in line with GOAL policies and good practice.
- Actively participate in the Senior Management team, contributing to the ongoing development of the country programme here-under the country strategic plan in particular as the program evolves into the recovery phase.
- Along with other Senior Management, actively manage the Country’s risk profile by ensuring that policies and procedures are in place, participating in the management of the country Risk Register and addressing internal audit and compliance issues.
- Assist the CD in the management of the Security Plan and monitor staff's understanding and implementation of the plan at every level.
- Direct line management of the IT Manager, Logistics Coordinator and HR Coordinator. Guide and coach coordinators/managers to ensure that HR, Finance, Logistics, Administration and IT policies are appropriate for the organization and applicable to the changing strategic direction and programmes in GOAL Sudan.
- Support the SMT with the mainstreaming of cross-cutting issues such as Gender, Child Protection and Environment, and actively promote a supportive working environment for staff.
- Work with HQ and Country teams to enable workflow efficiencies via technology (PR generator, PowerBI reporting, sharepoint data migration, Hellosign).
- Provide leadership to the team and hands on monitoring to strengthen key functions/process in stock management, asset management, fleet management, and contract and lease agreement management. Moreover, ensure streamlining the following key reporting: 1) OTS; 2) SMS; 3) FAR; 4) Fleet and overall periodical log reports to HQ.
- Set a strong example for adherence and improvement of GOAL Sudan’s accountability, safe guarding and protection initiatives, both internally and for the people reached by the programme.
- Carry out regular management visits and provide field visit reports to the SMT for all field locations. • Represent GOAL and the country programme where relevant to external stakeholders.
- Undertake any additional duties as mutually agreed with the Country Director.
Requirements (Person Specification)**
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in HR, administration and logistics related management, with at least 2 years at a senior management level.
- 3 + years of previous overseas management experience
- Education to Masters level in a related subject.
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations and implementation of strong compliance and control framework.
- Strong experience liaising with governmental / local authorities and other NGO’s.
- Audit experience and excellent attention to detail essential.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills to plan projects, timetable activities, and oversee staff work.
- Proven strong budgetary control and financial management skills
- Proven track record in systems implementation and development
- An interest in capacity building/mentoring of teams
- Excellent staff management and personnel skills
- Excellent analytical, writing skills and training skills
- Prior experience in complex protracted humanitarian context as well as emergency response contexts.
Our package includes a competitive salary, shared accommodation, health and travel insurance and 20 days annual leave. Additional benefits are available after 12 months of service.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying in this position please follow this link: