CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE, a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty, is seeking a dynamic leader to identify and broker corporate media partnerships that will boost CARE financially, enhance our ability to deliver programming in the US and globally; and build the CARE brand. The Manager of Media Partnerships will grow CARE’s relationship to media companies, platforms, channels and services to expand CARE’s sponsorships, cause marketing opportunities and in-kind advertising support. The Manager will drive philanthropic investments that enable CARE’s continued growth.
This leader will support the Corporate Team’s vision and key account strategies for partner growth by opening doors with prospective new partners. The Manager will secure new media partnerships with a cash and in-kind value of 1-2M annually working in close collaboration with the AVP of Supporter Engagement and the AVP of Corporate Partnerships. Cross-functional collaboration with key internal stakeholders in the financial, legal, program and communications teams is crucial for success.
The ideal candidate will bring cause related experience with media companies and be able to manage expectations for both Corporate partners and internal stakeholders to ensure goals of each are met.
- Media partnership portfolio development and fundraising
- Develop, pitch and secure partnerships with current and new media partners
- Project manage initiatives with current partners and develop strategic opportunities to expand
- Leverage media partnerships to build CARE’s brand & attract new supporters
- Provide primary relationship management services to current and new media partners by providing best-in-class stewardship and program delivery services
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or operational management of revenue development at either a for-profit or non-profit organization
- Experience with media companies / media partnerships preferred. Equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered
- Must have excellent command of the English language, both oral and written
- Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Very strong attention to detail
- Strong relationship & project management skills
- Proven experience process improvement
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Salesforce
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.