Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID-funded Biodiversity project in South Sudan.
Position Description: The Chief of Party will be responsible for overall project leadership, including contractual performance and risk management, setting strategy, work planning and reporting, financial management, administration, and personnel management. The COP will work closely with technical leads to achieve project results, build successful partnerships with project stakeholders, ensure effective coordination across workstreams and geographies, and maintain strong communication with USAID and other partners. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Juba, South Sudan.
* Advanced degree in natural resources management, biodiversity conservation, or a related field;
* Minimum twelve (12) years’ experience in successful implementation of natural resource management or biodiversity programs;
* Successful track record of developing conservation programs that integrate community engagement and livelihoods considerations;
* Demonstrated understanding of biodiversity conservation including protected area management, conservation biology, strategies for combating wildlife trafficking, and biomonitoring;
* Demonstrated experience in senior program management for USAID or other donor-funded development projects, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-risk operating environments; experience in South Sudan is an asset.
* Professional fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/COPSouthSudan
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.