REACH Syria is seeking an Information Management Officer (IMO) to join the Humanitarian Program Cycle team as a secondment to the Southern Turkey Education Cluster (EC). This position supports the response in Northwest Syria (NWS). The IMO will be responsible for improving the timeliness and comprehensiveness of 4Ws reporting, representing the EC in the Syria/Turkey Information Management and Assessment (STIMA) working group, providing IM-related input for the Syria Cross Border Humanitarian Fund (SCHF) and Humanitarian Program Cycle (HPC), and suggesting and executing measures to improve the collection, analysis, dissemination, and management of other information relevant to the EC.
Objective 1: Data Management
The IMO will facilitate the submission of timely, accurate, and comprehensive data by EC partners. This will include training sessions for partners as well as ad hoc support to individual partners. The IMO will be responsible for receiving monthly submissions, cleaning submissions and following-up with partners when necessary. The IMO will share 4Ws with relevant stakeholders (OCHA, WoS, EC members) and represent the EC in relevant working groups (particularly the STIMA group), clusters, or at other meetings.
Objective 2: Support EWG Participation in HPC
The SAO and IMO will support the EC’s participation in the SCHF and HPC. This will include support for the Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO), which might involve input on indicators for the Multi-Sector Needs Assessment (MSNA), relevant support on the sectoral calculation of People in Need (PiN) and sub-district severity scores, etc., and curation of data required for the HNO and/or the Humanitarian Response Plan (HRP).
Objective 3: Reporting and Outputs
The IMO will be responsible for preparing and submitting relevant reports, particularly monthly 4W reports. This will include building upon and updating the 4Ws dashboard/bulletin. The IMO will also review reporting templates, assessment questionnaires, and other information collection or management tools. The IMO will suggest and implement relevant improvements, in coordination with data collection partners, to increase the EC’s understanding of the location and severity of education needs as well as gaps in education programming.
Objective 4: Translation Support
The IMO will provide additional support to the EC through ad hoc translations in meetings for English and Arabic, providing secretariat support for EC meetings, supporting liaisons with local authorities, and through other relevant IM responsibilities as assigned by the coordinator.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, economics, data science, education, research, or other relevant field);
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience that involves data management, programming, assessments, and/or coordination, etc.;
- Resident in Turkey with ability to work and travel to working group meetings;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic required;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting and coordination;
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Previous work related to the education response;
- Ability to operate InDesign and Illustrator;
- Ability to operate Power BI;
- Ability to operate KoBo Toolbox;
Knowledge of the humanitarian coordination structure.
By applying for this position you certify that the all the details with your current application, are true to the best of your background and knowledge. You accept the legal mentions of www.acted.org and authorize the automated processing of your personal data by ACTED for recruitment, HR management and administrative compliance control purposes, in accordance with European regulations for the protection of personal data.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com with their name and position they are applying to in the subject line, Application for [Position] – [Full Name],
The emails without the relevant information in the subject line will not be considered.
Only candidates that are Turkish ID holders and legally able to work in Turkey will be considered