Director of Research and Analysis
Research and Analysis Department
2 staff, up to 2 interns and up to 12 consultants
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Hedayah is the premier international organization dedicated to using its expertise and experiences to counter violent extremism (CVE) in all of its forms and manifestations globally. Established in 2012, Hedayah was created in response to the growing desire from members of the Global Counter-Terrorism Forum (GCTF) and the wider international community for the establishment of an independent, neutral and multilateral center devoted to dialogue, communications, capacity building programs, research and analysis. As a leader within the international CVE community, we work to enhance understanding and share good practices to effectively build the capacity of CVE actors across the globe to promote tolerance, stability, and security.
More information on its diverse program of work, can be found at www.hedayahcenter.org.
· Assist the Director in the development and growth of the Research and Analysis Department to design and implement international research programs and activities
· Oversee and report directly to the Director as to the proper execution of all of the Center’s activities within the Research and Analysis Program Area
· Initiate activities to increase the Hedayah’s resources, capabilities and reputation in CVE Research and Analysis
· Work with the Director of Research and Analysis in developing strategic relationships and partnerships with stakeholders around the world involved in CVE Research and Analysis and engage them in Hedayah’s activities
· Create and review grant proposals for Research and Analysis Programs and Project initiatives
· Design research programs in accordance with objectives of the organization to build evidence-based CVE interventions
· Organize and manage the implementation of Research and Analysis program work, projects and plans, ensuring their successful execution to include providing technical (subject-matter) expertise, managing budgets, developing communications strategies, and managing operational support
· Conduct research, write publications and policy briefs, and provide expert advice and guidance to support the delivery of the research programs and initiatives
· Deliver presentations and trainings, and communicate with partner organizations the key outcomes of research projects from the Center
· Manage the research associate and analyst team’s work load and professional development
· Manage the reporting, deliverables and deadlines of research and analysis consultants and interns to support various projects.
Qualifications and Experience
· Master’s Degree in International Studies, Political Science, Security Studies, Human Rights or related field
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, preferably including at least 2 years in a management role or autonomously managing projects
· Experience in program/project development and management
· Experience of working in an international setting, preferably in or with government entities
· Subject matter expertise in understanding the drivers of, and effective responses to violent extremism (countering violent extremism/CVE) or a related field.
· Demonstrated research and writing skills; excellent analytical abilities;
· Demonstrated publications in an academic research setting;
· Fluent in English; familiarity with an additional language (Arabic preferred) is a plus;
· Ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including governments, policy makers, community leaders and actors, NGOs, practitioners and experts;
· Able to work independently as well as within a team;
· Able to manage internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion;
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
· Willingness to travel, including to medium to high-risk countries.
· Managing others
· Strategic thinking
· Result orientation
· Building relationships
· Cultural intelligence
· Planning and organizing
· Excellent command of written and oral English
How to apply
Send a short cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 10th, 2021, adding “Program Manager R&A” to the subject line.