Open to Internal and External Candidates**
Position Title : Medical Data Entry Project Assistant
Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term contract with possibility of extension.
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : June 22, 2021
Reference Code : VN2021/027SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The IOM, created in 1951, is the main Intergovernmental Organization in the field of Migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM's job is to ensure an orderly and humane management of migration; promote international cooperation on migration issues; help find practical solutions to migration problems: and offer humanitarian assistance to migrants who need it, whether they are refugees, displaced or uprooted people.
IOM is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. The candidacy of women is strongly encouraged.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, IOM El Salvador and the Project Manager RSC and Resettlement Latin America, and direct supervision of the oversight of the RSC Migration Health Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting IOM resettlement focal points as well as non-IOM panel clinics, providing assistance to USRAP in Central America through activities related to organization and logistics of the Medical Examination Process and management of Medical Data Processing .In particular, the incumbent will have following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions/ Responsibilities
· Organize and track all cases under Medical Examination process and pre-departure medical procedures.
· Track all hard cross referenced cases to ensure they get examined and depart together.
· Establish and implement internal document controls, in particular handling, security, confidentiality of medical information in process.
· Receive medical exam from Panel Physician, scan/copy/encrypt/store as required
· Undertake quality checks of all completed medical files in MiMOSA IAP from non-IOM Panel Physicians and flag the QC issues to Migration Health Coordinator.
· Enter the complete results in the Medical Database accordingly and identify properly cases reported by the doctors to have Significant Medical Conditions and Medical Travel Requirements.
· Ensure accurate and timely registration and transmission of medical data in the system.
· Track all relevant information about the medical result, referrals, treatment provided or other important information in a structured mechanism (Excel/MiMOSA) for cost reimbursement process purpose.
· Review and prepare the “Request for Payment” of the medical invoices and validate them against the agreed upon service fees and requests for deferrals.
· Use public e-mail address to communicate with beneficiaries and NGO’s as needed. Provide correct information and counselling to applicants related to the documentation needed for their medical examination.
· Provide management with statistics regularly and as required.
· Create SOPs and/or provide timely input to the supervisor for updating the SOPs.
· Remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with applicants.
· Any other tasks assigned by the supervisors.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and experience
University degree Social Science or Health major (is an asset)
Excellent command of English; able to write e-mails and reports coherently in a timely manner
· Attention to detail and ability to organize
· Excellent computer skills in Excel and proficiency in Microsoft Office Software package
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervisión
· Fluency in Spanish and English (Oral and Written)
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:****
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
*Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by June 22, 2021**** at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
· The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
· The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
*KEEP IN MIND:
· Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
· Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
· This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
· The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.