EnCompass seeks Finance and Administration (F&A) Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) support activity in Honduras.
The MESCLA 2.0 activity will provide USAID/Honduras with strategic and technical support to improve performance management and advance Mission learning. The project will provide comprehensive MEL services, including capacity strengthening and technical support, to USAID/Honduras, local organizations, and the Government of Honduras.
The F&A Specialist will report to the Chief of Party and will be responsible for the accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement and other F&A functions as required by the contract as well as the day-to-day management of the EnCompass project field office located in Honduras. S/he will work directly with the Chief of Party to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for all activities.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the field office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to determine financial performance of the project
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Ensure efficient processing of bank and cash transactions, including reconciliations
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or similar field; Master’s degree an asset
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: contract administrative compliance, finance and procurement (subcontracts), accounting, and/or human resource related matters
- Proficient in US Government procurement, human resources, and financial reporting processes and requirements highly preferred
- Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
- Familiarity of USAID/Honduras Mission preferred
- Knowledge of applicable USAID laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required
- Superior skills in English, both written and verbal, required. Proficiency in Spanish greatly preferred
- Honduran citizens are strongly encouraged to apply