Duty station: Afghanistan
Type of contract: permanent
Start date: asap
Reports to: Vice President, Global Programs
Member of: the Global Programs Unit (GPU)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master's Degree or equivalent post-graduate qualification in relevant field (or 15+ years’ relevant work experience in lieu of the advanced degree);
- Minimum of 10 years work experience ideally in the INGO/NGO sector;
- At least 5 years of experience managing large projects/programmes in the following sectors: gender and women empowerment (are preferred), human rights, IDPs, refugees, youth, children, education….);
- Excellent leadership and management skills and demonstrated experience of managing diverse teams of 20 or more staff members in a participatory and enabling style;
- Proven ability to raise and manage grants from major foundations, corporations, multi-lateral institutions and governments as well as local donors;
- Knowledge of the political, economic and social context of Afghanistan;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of Dari or Pashto a strong advantage;
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email applications.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teambuilding skills.
How to apply
Please send your updated CV to email@example.com ref. nr. DRS 11031.