Through its contribution to the Ukraine Recovery Programme (URP), the overall objective of the assignment is to support multi-sector investment schemes in the municipal and social infrastructure sectors that have been adversely affected as a consequence of the conflict in east Ukraine, as well as relieving increased pressure on (social) infrastructure in other regions of the country due to the influx of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs).
The specific objective of the services is to support the proper implementation of the URP framework loan while enforcing and maintaining good quality of works, compliance with the EIB’s environmental and social standards, procurement guidelines and corruption prevention . It will also enhance the capacities of the promoter and final beneficiaries to effectively plan, operate, monitor, and learn from the sub-projects (please refer to the list) to be financed under the loan
Working days: estimated 660
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine (field visits will be frequent to the sub-project sites located throughout Ukraine)
Qualification and skills
• At least University Degree in Finance, economics, business administration or equivalent
• Fluency in English
• Working knowledge of Ukrainian would be an asset.
General Professional Experience
• 10 years experience in accounting or financial management;
• 5 years’ international experience (outside of country of residence) in accounting or financial management of infrastructure projects or programmes funded by IFIs/International organisations.
Specific Professional Experience
• Experience on at least 2 urban/regional development projects concerned with one of the following fields: transport, urban renewal/rehabilitation, rehabilitation of public buildings (hospitals, schools, social centers, etc.) water and sanitation and/or solid waste management as a senior accountant/ financial expert.
• Experience in setting up or upgrading a financial management system for a public/government institution
• 3 years working experience in Eastern Europe, Eastern Partnership region or IPA countries
How to apply
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org , under the title: DRS ref. number 11040.
Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to client's procedures.