Position Title: Urban Planning Consultation
Project Name: Taqarib/ Libya Local Governance and Civil Society Project
Period of Performance: 1 July 2021 to 30 Sept 2021
Reporting to: Objective 1 Lead
The Taqarib/Local Governance and Civil Society (LGCS) Activity will support the foundation of a more unified Libyan state by prioritizing local-level activities that foster stability and accountable governance while reinforcing positive linkages among the national government, subnational government administration, and citizens. Taqarib /LGCS works to increase the Libyan Government’s ability to deliver essential services and promote stability. It seeks to help citizens engage in public dialogue, prioritize resources, and develop initiatives to hold government accountable. To achieve these goals, Taqarib/LGCS will center its activities around four objectives:
Strengthen the capacity of targeted municipal institutions to deliver services and be more responsive to citizen needs
Empower Libyan citizens, civil society organizations, private sector, and other stakeholders with the skills and capability to advocate for government institutions to deliver on their mandates.
Encourage coherence of national and subnational government policy, systems, and coordination through pilots advancing targeted policy reform. Strengthen national and subnational decentralization policies, systems, and coordination
Inform Programming through a robust learning and analysis agenda
Taqarib/ Libya Local Government and Civil Society Project wishes to engage an Urban Planner with a broad background in municipal government work and municipal planning assistance to provide short term technical assistance to perform the following task:
TASKS (PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS)
· Provide Urban Planning training using the 15 modules that have been completed by the Taqarib Team in Arabic and English to train at least 2 persons from each municipality in all 15 modules and 50 persons from Civil Society.
· Using in person or zoom technology to train the 2 people from each municipality and 50 from Civil Society
· Conduct pre and post testing using the predeveloped courses. **
· Training reports that include sign in sheets for each course within 24 hours of completion of the course
· The STTA shall publish the training schedule from 1 July to 30 Sept 2021 in advance of starting the training
· Training shall be concluded by 30 Sept 2021 and shall have trained at least 2 staff from 20 municipalities as well as 50 individuals from Civil Society
· Invoices will be submitted monthly to the Objective 1 Team Leader and HR
· Once the project can return to the Tripoli Office the Consultant shall be based in this office and conduct all training from this office.
· Provide weekly reports by each Thursday at 1700 hours to Objective 1 Team Lead Tunis Time.
· Provide a final report within 7 working day of the end of your assignment to the Object 1 Team Lead.
· The STTA shall have a BS or master’s degree in urban planning of Public Policy.
· Must have at least 5 years work experience in Urban Planning
· Must read, write, and speak English and Arabic
· Must have general technical skills in teaching of Urban Planning
How to apply
Interested applicants to submit CV and cover letter to Libya@dai.com with email subject title “Urban Planning Consultation”.