Introduction to Organization
Established in 2007, AAN Associates (www.aanassociates.com) is one of the leading research and development consulting firms, with a growing portfolio of both national and international projects. AAN works with a diverse array of development partners such as IFIs, UN Agencies, public agencies and so on, enabling them to deliver their intended objectives.
AAN has successfully implemented over 110 projects in more than 22 countries in the Pacific/East, West and South Asia, Middle East, North Africa (MENA), and South and West Africa regions; and is reckoned as the practice lead for development evaluation with a global footprint, through its stellar track record of producing internationally recognized, award winning evaluations. AAN is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy underpinned by excellence in service, improvising innovation, and technology, strengthening partnerships and resources, forging institutional systems and diversity.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Data Management Expert is expected to work closely with the relevant AAN personnel in order to establish a master database containing all relevant information regarding AAN Associates (a Knowledge Repository) and all previous/existing assignments on the ‘AAN Cloud’.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Oversee/Lead the construction of a master database for AAN and its data.
§ Organizing AAN’s knowledge management repository using ‘AAN Cloud’. Ensure folder architecture is categorized, regularly updated and back-up is prepared by all staff regularly;
- Ensure accurate and consistent input of data, received from AAN personnel, into the database;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database as required, incorporating ideas and amendments from the Managing Director and other relevant personnel;
- Provide technical support to AAN staff for provision of any specific data required to them as requested:
- Train AAN staff on the use of the database;
- Develop and maintain database design documentation and operating manuals on how to use the Database for AAN;
- Develop and maintain a web interface for the Database;
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the work, and;
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- Candidate must hold University diploma or degree in Computer Sciences or related technical field. Any Microsoft certifications in Access or SQL Server would be preferred. and candidates with foreign qualification shall be given preference;
§ Candidates must have at least 4 years of experience in database design or database administration, quantitative data management, and analysis preferably with consulting entities and development contractors, particularly UNICEF;
- Significant experience analysing data and producing reports;
- Ability to use Microsoft Access databases i.e., enter data, update records and fields, modify database structure, generate customized reports;
- Experience programming Microsoft Access databases;
- Experience with SQL and VBA;
- Ability to design the structure of the database and write appropriate interfaces (e.g., Microsoft Excel) for data entry and ensure data quality and security;
- Experience in training project personnel in the use of database management software applications;
- Experience in writing and maintaining database design documentation and operating manuals, and;
- Maturity and professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality of such information while working with AAN Associates and even after the contract ends.
How to apply
The interested consultants must send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning ‘Data Management Expert’ in the subject line.