Department: Project Implementation Unit**
Position: Project Assistant**
Direct hierarchy: Project Manager
Location: Dolo, Gedo Region Somalia**
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, to break the poverty cycle, foster development, and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach that is both global and local and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for a professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced, and committed team player to fill the Project Assistant position in Dolo, Gedo Region.
The Project Assistant (PA) will facilitate smooth communication and coordination with relevant external development partners and acts as liaison between ACTED and local authorities in Gedo region.
Specific Objectives include:
· Liaise and maintain a good working relationship with the local government in Gedo region.
· Participate in assessments in Gedo region.
· Contribute to raising ACTED’s profile and credibility with external stakeholders by communicating a positive image of ACTED’s activities and engagements in the region.
· Attend and represent ACTED at monthly cluster meetings.
· Participate in all project development and proposal inputs at field level
· Ensure Protection mainstreaming: Promoting and adhering to the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, and casual laborers).
· Maintain active and regular working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, working groups at the field level.
· Contribute to the reporting to national and local authorities as required by ACTED
· Contribute to ACTED internal communication strategy by feeding regularly Communication Department with informal updates on projects, flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress, and/or specific events for ACTED communication tools.
· Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
· Coordinate with the ACTED and partner field team in Gedo and other departments to prepare and follow up on all acted activities in the region
· Set up, plan, supervise and monitor all projects at the field level to ensure the partner’s successful implementation of all project activities, the generation of planned outputs, and attainment of key project objectives.
· Write monthly reports and share with line manager
· Help in development and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects
· Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities, attendance sheets, and training circular)
· Coordinate with AME departments in alerting them on all planned monitoring activities
· Produce a departmental internal report on a weekly and monthly basis
· Provide internal reporting as requested from coordination and line management
· Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
· Bachelor degree in a relevant field such as International Relations or Development or any other related subject
· Project management experience (management, planning, staff development, and training skills) in development programs
· 2-3 years previous work experience in a relevant position
· Proven capabilities in leadership and management required
· Excellent skills in written and spoken English
· Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organizational terms
· Ability to work well and punctually under pressure
· Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual laborers)
· Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work-related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00 PM on 19th June 2021 with the subject line “Project Assistant_Dolo”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of the recruitment process request candidates to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programs from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outline the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants, and other stakeholders and have zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.