Open to Internal and External Candidates**
Position Title : Senior Nurse Migration Health
Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade 6
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term contract with possibility of extension.
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : June 22, 2021
Reference Code : VN 2021/026 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the RSC and Resettlement Program Manager based in San Salvador, El Salvador, and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Coordinator based in San Salvador, El Salvador, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Health Assessment Process and Travel Medical Assistance for the Resettlement Support Center Latin America and Caribbean.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities
- · Assist the Migration Health Coordinator with the logistics for medical exam and refugee health medical activities for U.S resettlement cases with the Panel Clinic in the areas of:
Treatment and referrals;
Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
Documentation, certification and information transmission;
Fitness-to-travel checks; and
Other technical areas as may be required.
- · Request regular updates from panel physicians in respect available slots, vaccine availability and other process related issues, sending regular reports to the Migration Health Coordinator.
- · Register the Significant Medical Conditions cases and refugees that will need ADL support and/or medical travel requirements and report them to Migration Health Coordinator.
- · Assist to track all cases in the system regarding the health assessment status, performs medical hold managements, monitors processing indicators, and provides regular reports to Migration Health Coordinator.
- · Assist in validating Vaccination Medical Form and invoices and advise any discrepancies based on USRAP Vaccination Schedule and agreed upon costs to the Migration Health Coordinator.
- · Participate in writing SOPs and instructions as well as staff training.
- · Perform Pre-departure counseling and health education of departing refugees, provides required hygiene supplies and PPEs.
- · Monitor the inventory of all medical consumables and supplies assigned for the Pre-Embarkation Check.
- · Performs Pre-Embarkation Check for all departing refugees including and coordinate Pre-Departure Specialist Evaluation and Pre-Embarkation Checks for selected SMC cases with Panel Physicians.
- · Report the results of the Pre-Embarkation Check to Migration Health Coordinator and ensures all results are entered in the system in a timely manner.
- · Assisting OPS colleagues in movement preparations/planning
- · Coordinate follow up and verify procurement for Pre embarkation check supplies, PPE and hygiene kits for refugees.
- · Perform the medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the final destination.
- · Prepare statistical reports as needed.
- · Perform other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and experience
• University Degree in Nursing with a minimum of four years of relevant clinical experience and a valid license to practice nursing in El Salvador
• Previous experience of a supervisory role is an asset.
• Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing or public health is an advantage.
• Computer literacy required: MS Office package (Word, Excel, Access)
• Training in Basic or Advanced Cardiac Life Support is an asset
• Previous work with international organization or migration health or public health projects is an asset.
· Attention to detail and ability to organize
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
Fluency in Spanish and English (Oral and Written)
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2021** at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
· The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
· The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
*KEEP IN MIND:
· Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
· Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
· This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
· The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.