Equal Access International (EAI) places people at the center of every project. Our programs are designed to foster breakthrough solutions and normative changes that enable communities and societies to transform disempowerment and marginalization into empowerment and possibility. EAI’s mission is to create positive social change for millions of underserved people in the developing world by delivering critically needed information and education through innovative media, appropriate technology and direct community engagement. EAI addresses challenges within six key impact areas; which include; (a) Championing Women & Girls; (b) Youth Development & Life Skills Education; (c) Peacebuilding & Preventing Violent Extremism; (d) Governance & Civic Engagement; (e) Economic Development & Agriculture and (f) Global Health. Dedicated to supporting local solutions and lasting positive change, Equal Access has a lean headquarter staff of 22 and an international staff of 133 worldwide, with host country nationals comprising 96 percent of our field staff worldwide. EAI currently works in Nigeria, Cameroon, Niger, Chad, Mali, Burkina Faso, Nepal, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Cambodia.
Summary of Role
The M&E Officer will support the Senior M&E Officer to lead, oversee, improve quality and ensure timeliness across all aspect of monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all EAI projects in Nigeria. However, as part of a dynamic and rapidly growing organization, this position holder will be expected to respond to ad-hoc job requirements from time-to-time, apart from specific duties and responsibilities outline below.
This position reports directly to the Senior M&E Officer; with technical support provided by the Program Manager, Country Director and Project Management Unit where required.
• The M&E Officer will work with the Senior M&E Officer establish and maintain close working relationships with EAI staff, consultants and partners based in Nigeria as well as at EAI headquarters to collect, sort, analyze and report upon data emerging from ongoing projects or research studies. The M&E Officer will support program impacts sharing internally and externally, as required. In addition, emphasis will be placed on identifying challenges and lessons learnt and the provision of thorough analytical reports for all
current projects as required by their respective deliverable schedules.
• The M&E Officer will build cordial and effective relationships with M&E counterparts within client organization, ensuring that M&E deliverables are completed to high quality, on-time and within the terms of the grant agreement.
• The M&E Officer will support the senior M&E officer to design and develop the EAI Country Office M&E Plan, which will result in tailored M&E Log frames being designed for each project within the programming portfolio and outline M&E best practices.
• The M&E Officer will maintain electronic versions of M&E related data, including reports, photographs and other relevant documentation.
• The M&E Officer will administer tests during project activities for the purpose of M&E in coordination with the Senior M&E officer.
• Any other responsibility to support the smooth running of the office and programs.
How to apply
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Hausa
• Strong Communication Skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain
effective working relationships across teams and organizations.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail and the ability to effectively and efficiently
perform multiple tasks; while balancing competing priorities within set timeframes
Interested Candidates should send CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date is 28th June, 2021
- EAI is an equal opportunity employer -