Assessment & Monitoring Specialist,
Proposed opportunity – Department of Defense Assessment, Monitoring, & Evaluation,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 40-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Project Summary: **
Provide support services to U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) Geographic Combatant Commands under the Assessment, Monitoring, and Evaluation (AM&E) indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract. The AM&E IDIQ supports reform of institutional capacity building of partner nations' ministries of defense.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position
If this proposed position is funded, the selected candidate will support the team's partner nation assessments and monitoring plan-related efforts. This will include contributing to research and technical writing, supporting client/partner relations, providing technical support to team members, and representing the company at professional meetings and workshops. If funded, this position will be full-time, reporting to the INDOPACOM project manager and DoD AM&E program manager.
- Conduct technical assignments related to partner nation assessments and monitoring plans
- Support collaboration, learning and adaptation (CLA) activities
- Design templates and process maps for data collection and analysis
- Facilitate monitoring plan development sessions
- Design and deliver training on assessment and monitoring topics
- Conduct data quality assessments
- Support data collection activities
- Design survey questionnaires and sampling strategies
- Train data collectors and supervise data collection
- Bachelor's Degree in international development, social science, or other M&E related field is required; a master's degree is preferred
- Minimum five years of experience in M&E or supporting foreign assistance projects is required
- Experience supporting collaboration, learning and adaptation (CLA) activities
- Familiarity with Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Foreign Aid Transparency and Accountability Act (FATAA), and Development Co-operation Directorate (DCD)
- Supports the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) guidance and policy
- Familiarity with peace and security issues, i.e. women's safety
- Provide technical assistance to foreign services implementing partners
- Develop surveys and other data collection instruments in developing countries
- Able to analyze data and write up M&E reports preferred
- Experience with emerging M&E practices
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key organizations, working groups, and professionals
- Eligibility for a secret security clearance is required
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com