I. Position Information
CIOP Research & Capacity-Building Assistant
Reporting directly to
CIOP Research Specialist, IOM-Bahrain
Overall supervision by
Head of LHD, IOM-Bahrain
Requirements for application
Submission of CV and Cover Letter
See application section below for further information**
*II. Organisational Context and Scope
The International Organization for Migration’s mission in Bahrain has been acting as the Management Site of an inter-regional initiative focusing on the design and management of tailored orientation programmes throughout the labour migration cycle. The ‘*Comprehensive Information & Orientation Programme’,* under the patronage of the Abu Dhabi Dialogue, supports Governments in holistically addressing the information needs of prospective and current migrant workers. This approach could contribute towards supporting well-informed decision-making, enhancing skills to effectively navigate work and life abroad as well as assist managing different components of departure and return.
IOM is establishing a Centre of Excellence, aimed to provide a wealth of services, technical expertise and resources to serve IOM missions and stakeholders with the design, development and management of CIOPs. This Centre will be housed within the Labour Mobility & Human Development (LHD) Unit of IOM-Bahrain.
The CIOP Research & Capacity Building Assistant will support research, administrative and logistical support for processes and activities related to research and capacity-building for orientation programmes targeting prospective, current and returning migrant workers. This will include carrying out desk reviews, drafting analysis as well as helping organize and deliver high-quality trainings to Master Trainers and Managers.
The CIOP Research & Capacity-Building Assistant will report directly to the CIOP Research Specialist and will work closely with the CIOP Training & Capacity-Building Specialist as well as other members of the Centre of Excellence, the Migration Research Division and Migrant Training and Orientation Division.
III. CONSULTANCY OBJECTIVE
The objective of this consultancy is to provide monthly reports outlining the progress made in providing research, administrative and logistical support for processes and activities related to research and capacity-building for orientation programmes targeting prospective, current and returning migrant workers. **
IV. SCOPE OF WORK
The CIOP Research & Capacity-Building Assistant will provide research, administrative and logistical support to activities that help clients better understand informational needs as well as become capacitated to deliver and manage orientation programmes in line with the CIOP approach.
S/he will be responsible for the following:
Supporting Mapping and Needs Assessments:**
· Support the CIOP Research Specialist in carrying out desk reviews of legislation, programmes and analysis related to migrant information and orientation;
· Create a database to record and save all documents reviewed;
· Organize the translation of any necessary documents, with support from colleagues in the IOM-mission;
· Draft analysis as per the instructions and guidance of the CIOP Research Specialist;
· Assist in the preparation of reports and powerpoint presentations that inform clients of key findings and recommendations.
Assisting Capacity-Building Activities
· Support the CIOP Training & Capacity-Building Specialist in the preparation of regional and/or national curricula of modules for orientation programmes;
· Provide logistical and operational support to the CIOP Training & Capacity-Building Specialist in organizing and carrying out trainings to CIOP Master Trainers and Managers;
· Prepare/request travel authorizations, security clearances, DSA and travel expense claims as required by project staff and members of the Centre;
Liaison & Administrative Support
· Liaise with focal points in different IOM missions and data collectors to coordinate inputs relating to different activities;
· Provide logistical and administrative support to the CIOP Research Specialist and CIOP Training & Capacity-Building Specialist including drafting of meeting minutes and preparing agendas;
Assisting Knowledge Management for the Centre of Excellence
· Create and maintain a knowledge management portal for the Centre, including records of all engagements, programmatic activities and research products, for future evaluation purposes.
V. DELIVERABLES AND SCHEDULE
The schedule of delivery is expected to be as follows:
Indicative time-frame for delivery
1st CIOP Progress Report
4 weeks from signing the contract
2nd CIOP Progress Report
8 weeks from signing the contract
3rd CIOP Progress Report
12 weeks from signing the contract
4th CIOP Progress Report
16 weeks from signing the contract
5th CIOP Progress Report
20 weeks from signing the contract
6th CIOP Progress Report
24 weeks from signing the contract
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
· Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible
· Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles/rules and standards of conduct
· Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
· Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimise results
· Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes
· Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate
· Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organisation’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work
· Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
VII. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelors degree in migration/development studies or a related field;
· At least 2 years of professional experience in a relevant field such as migration or trainings;
· Demonstrated background in providing high-quality research support;
· Strong skillset in managing different administrative and operational requirements;
· Previous experience with an international organization is an advantage
· Excellent writing skills;
· Meticulous and very attentive to detail;
· Strong conceptual and analytical abilities;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment;
· Ability to work under time pressure and deliver work of outstanding quality.
· Professional fluency in spoken and written English is required;
· Knowledge of French and/or Arabic is an asset.
IX. CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
Contracted consultants are not permitted to use any of his/her gathered data, reported findings, contributions to the draft and final reports to further his/her personal research.
How to apply
Qualified interested candidates should submit their CVs together with a 1-page motivation letter to IOM Bahrain (email@example.com) on or before 23 June 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.