For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM strategy in Palestine focuses on 2 pillars: Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPREP) and Sexual & Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), with two cross-cutting topics: Mental Health & Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and gender mainstreaming.
In MHPSS, MdM intervention in the WB is focused on provision of MHPSS emergency response activities following critical incidents related to occupation, local partners capacity building and MHPSS integration at Ministry of Health (MOH) Primary Health Care Centres (PHCCs).
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you set, adapt, plan and supervise the implementation of frameworks, procedures and policies for human resources of the mission, in accordance with the local context, local legislation and the policies and values of MdM. You lead a team and support partners as you provide technical support to operational staff on the HR management of the mission. You work closely with the operational HR officer in HQ.
Your main responsibilities are:
Human resources management
• Review and improve the MdM HR policy in Palestine, ensure complete implementation and its application to the national staff
• Improve the organizational chart for the mission, clarifying hierarchical and functional links, in line with the classification grid, and follow the set-up for its monthly update
• Ensure that all staff are informed and trained about the existing policies
• Develop and harmonize the necessary HR tools and supervise the implementation by all field teams
• Supervise the administrative and payroll procedures and support the HR and administrative teams regarding the monthly payroll realization
• Supervise the payment of MdM employees on due time and of social contributions of MdM as an employer
• Ensure the administrative management of national staff with strictest respect of the law, in link with a local lawyer
• Lead all processes pertaining to visas, mission orders, ID cards, work permits of all national and international staff
• Supervise technically and maintain a strong functional link with the administrative team
Technical support & capacity building
• Supervise the overall recruitment of national staffs
• Regularly explain the MdM HR procedures and tools to staffs, and organize training for key staff
• Guarantee that the PSEA policy is known by all MdM employees
• Carry out the capacity building trainings of HR team (and relevant base staff) on all relevant HR administration and management procedures
• Develop a training needs assessment and a training plan for the mission’s staff
• Organize a “Welcome at MdM” training for newcomers, and refreshers sessions for staff
• Review the existing evaluation mechanism for ‘learning and development’ of the MdM mission employees
• Perform regular field visits, to control and supervise the human resources matters
• Contribute to the writing of proposal for HR related matters
• Ensure the uniformity in the understanding, knowledge and application of HR policies/procedures at all relevant levels such as coordination and bases and support them dealing with HR matters/issues
• Ensure the HR team exists with relevant capacity and experience
• Provide regular evaluation and on the job training to the team under your responsibility
• Contribute to disciplinary measure and propose adequate response
Communication, reporting and capitalization
• Participate in MdM coordination meetings and coordinate regular meetings with coordinators and field managers
• Supervise human resources department regular meetings
• Contribute to the monthly report
• Elaborate HR national and international rules and regulation, control and monitor its implementation
• Ensure the standard archiving of national and international staffs HR files
• Elaborate HR reports and contribute to all other reports
• Represent MdM in meetings with local authorities and represent MdM towards partners with regards to HR issues
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Contract: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 12 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary 2 860 euros
Based in Jerusalem with regular visits to Nablus and Gaza
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year - minimum of 6 months seniority required)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Minimum of BA diploma in HR management or any other related diplomas
Experience of 3 years minimum in a similar position with an I.NGO
Experience in negotiation and relationships with authorities in a challenging and difficult legal context
Knowledge of HR management software would be a strong asset
Organizational skills, rigor, detail oriented
Ability to handle conflict and its resolution
Ability to provide training
Ability to work under stressful situation
Languages: English is mandatory and knowledge of country languages such as Arabic or French would be an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JowygCCC?idpartenaire=128