CTG Overview CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer, the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant (Multiple Locations), and in close coordination with other colleagues including from the Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM), the Migration Health Department (MHD) and the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHSS) unit, the successful candidate will identify protection risks, trends and capacities in vulnerable communities through ongoing community outreach and participation and provide support for protection cases identified requiring specialized assistance.
Undertake regular protection monitoring visits as part of the IOM Libya Migrant Response and Resource Mechanism (MRRM) to assigned locations where migrants, IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities may reside, prepare protection assessment and monitoring reports;
Conduct vulnerability screenings and in-depth assessments in assigned locations to help identify the urgent needs and make all necessary referrals. Prepare assistance plans and provide regular, timely and comprehensive follow-up in coordination with specialized protection colleagues and under the supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant;
Facilitate community dialogues and focus group discussions to identify protection risks, trends, capacities and coping strategies to inform protection programming and to ensure community participation in ongoing activities;
In collaboration with other relevant MRMM colleagues, conduct ongoing mapping for vulnerable communities and service providers as required. Facilitate events with key stakeholders and partners in the field on selected protection concerns if required;
Participate in awareness raising events and support IOM in trainings and workshops arranged by IOM and partners if required;
Maintain up-to-date records and promptly complete all data entry and reporting requirements;
Carry out administrative duties as requested;
Participate in all relevant meetings;
Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer, the direct supervision of the Senior Protection Assistant (Multiple Locations), and in close coordination with other colleagues including from the Migrant Resource and Response Mechanism (MRRM), the Migration Health Department (MHD) and the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHSS) unit
Key competencies Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Mimosa system
• Knowledge of Protection principles and protection case management
• Strong communication skills
- Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work, Human Rights, International Relations or Law, or other relevant field;
- Minimum of two years’ professional experience in the field of Gender Based Violence and assistance to vulnerable populations;
- • Effective organizational skills and ability to establish priorities and plans, ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
- Demonstrated problem solving attitude and skills;
- Good written and spoken communications skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken, knowledge of French is considered an advantage;
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications .e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
How to apply
To Apply and to find out more click on the following link, Female candidates are always welcome.