Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Knowledge Management and Learning Officer for an anticipated donor-funded project in Honduras. Under the guidance of the MEL manager, the officer provides strategic direction and technical oversight of Honduras programming learning and knowledge sharing and is responsible for rolling out the robust learning agenda. Working with the MEL manager the officer will ensure that there is a constant learning and knowledge sharing across the results of the project and for the duration of the project.
The Knowledge Management and Learning Officer provides leadership and facilitation to ensure a robust and innovative learning agenda throughout the lifetime of the project. S/he reports to the MEL Manager. S/he is responsible for the development and implementation of all learning activities across all program results.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position report to the MEL Manager
The Officer will have principal responsibility for:
- Conduct a learning assessment for the project and then develop the learning strategy
- Develop learning tools for the program and ensure that the learning agenda is coherent with the overall MEL plan ;
- Ensure organizational learning is shared from the field implementation of the project.
- Write reports based on the learning agenda for the quarterly and annual reports.
- Conduct project site visits to verify learning.
- Other related duties as assigned. Qualifications
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in the field of international development, knowledge management political science or closely related inter-disciplinary fields with at least 7 years' experience implementing knowledge management and learning (Master's degree preferred).
- Experience in capacity-building of local staff and partners
- Proficiency in addressing factors that maximize gender and social inclusion
- Familiarity with international donor regulations and procedures,
- Strong background in qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation of development programs,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Robust understanding of CLA principals and implementing CLA plans
- Experience in developing Learning plans
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines and to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision, required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork. Effective communication skills, able to make formal and informal presentations both orally and in writing and produce professional and analytical reports and program documents.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran