Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist,
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 40-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The project conducts Third Party Monitoring (TPM) in the Middle East and North Africa region.
The project will also conduct a Data Quality Assessment (DQA) for a sample of fifteen awards and award indicators. The DQA will be implemented by examining the systems and approaches for collecting data, from the sampled implementing partners (IP), to determine whether these systems and approaches are likely to produce high quality data over time. The DQA will review the data collected and reported by fifteen of BHA IPs, and for each IP, the DQA will assess three or more indicators, at least two of which will be required indicators as described by the grant application guidance.
**Please note: Only Jordanian citizens are eligible for this position
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist provides surge support and technical services in data management, analysis and performance data reporting. This position will also support the technical team in completing the scheduled third-party monitoring (TPM) assignments and data quality assessments (DQA). The M&E Specialist will work closely with the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chiefs of Party (DCOP). This is a Short-term Technical Assistance (STTA) position. The M&E Specialist will have a Level of Effort (LOE) of 48 days within the estimated period of performance o/a July 2021 to September 2021.
- Develop and execute data analysis plans for discrete tasks and train staff members
- Contribute to the development of quantitative and qualitative data collection instruments
- Use quantitative software (Excel, SPSS, STATA or R) to process data
- Organize data set codebooks for use by support researchers
- Develop coding frameworks for the analysis of qualitative data
- Interpret complex data sets and express those trends in visual graphics
- Provide quality oversight and assurance of data collected by third parties
- Help the team identify gaps in data collection approaches
- Assist in the presentation of findings and recommendations to program stakeholders
- Assist or conduct interviews with representatives of implementing partners (IP)
- Work closely with each IP's monitoring and evaluation staff
- Ensure scheduling of data verification exercises to assess the DQA standards the data collected by projects that are reporting data for the selected indicators
- Assist in development of methodologies for checking and revalidating the data
- Read and review documents including M&E plans, progress reports, work plans and Indicator Reference Sheets and definitions for each indicator and each selected IP
- Review IP data storage facilities and data hardware and software records available both at head offices and field offices for each IP
- Review data collection methods and tools being used by IPs at the field level
- Assist in translation tasks, as needed
- Provide technical analysis information and guidance during all phases of the assessment as required
- Participate in presentations and dissemination efforts as needed
- Additional relevant duties as prescribed by the COP, DCOPs and project technical advisors.
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in a field such international affairs, economics, sociology, social science or statistics is required
- At minimum three years of relevant professional experience
- At minimum two years of experience in developing data analysis plans
- At minimum two years of direct work with performance management systems (M&E plans and reporting on project indicators)
- At minimum two years of experience working on development and humanitarian sectors
- Demonstrated experience conducting research on developing countries
- Previous experience designing quantitative surveys and/or qualitative interview guides
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Able to conduct data quality assessments, including site visits for activity verification and data reviews desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working in multidisciplinary teams
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic is required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com