Chemonics seeks a Business Development and Proposal Manager for the Procurement & Logistics Technology Center within its Global Health Supply Chain Office (GHSCO), located in Arlington, VA. The Business Development and Proposal Manager will play a critical role in growing PLTC market share, building its brand and achieving its business objectives. They will be responsible for tapping into international donor organizations, INGOs, national government agencies, and private sector to develop a deep understanding of their needs in global procurement and in-country logistics services and contribute to the development of PLTC business development strategies in response to these needs. Coordinating closely with the PLTC communications team, this role will lead outreach initiatives, meetings, and events to grow clients’ enthusiasm for PLTC service offerings and provide clear and informative reports to PLTC leadership on market trends and business opportunities. They will also work with the Director of Global Supply Chain Services and Director of In-Country Supply Chain Solutions to develop service offerings and value propositions in response to client needs and requirements. The Business Development and Proposal Manager will lead proposal efforts to secure government and commercial contracts for services in global procurement and in-country logistics.
- Initiatives and cultivates relationships with clients in target market segments; introduces, illuminates, and engages them on the relevant product and services offerings that fit their organization’s health supply chain goals.
- Identifies and develops new business leads, based on clearly defined PLTC role in global and in-country supply chain management services for health and other commodities; maintains PLTC business lead tracker and makes sure that it is consistently and accurately updated.
- Works with the Outreach and Business Development Director to develop annual business development strategy and plan.
- Externally promotes PLTC, representing company values, standards, and unique capabilities by attending events, networking with clients and counterparts, and displaying a clear understanding of PLTC service offerings.
- Supports the Director of Global Supply Chain Services and Director of In-Country Supply Chain Solutions in the development of technical products, service offerings, and value propositions in full alignment with clients’ requirements.
- Leads proposal efforts in response to clients requests and drafts solicited and unsolicited proposals and concepts to generate business.
- Collaborates with PLTC Finance & Accounting team to ensure proposals comply with PLTC pricing strategies.
- Conducts desk and field research and analysis on contextual issues relevant to proposals, related stakeholder and client programmatic priorities and investments, and potential partners and competitors.
- Executes virtual and in-person client engagement meetings and conferences.
- Develops and implements innovative client/donor engagement approaches.
- Maintains regular engagement with Chemonics’ Global Health and Supply Chain New Business Team and capture efforts to jointly track and pursue new business opportunities when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in international development.
- Business development experience required and preference for candidates with strong understanding of USAID, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, PAHO, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, GAVI, and/or international NGOs implementing health and humanitarian assistance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to engage clients face to face within a comprehensive outreach and communication strategy.
- Strong technical supply chain knowledge preferably in a developing country context.
- Experience in writing proposals and leading responses to donor , INGOs, national government agencies, and private sector proposal requests.
- Experience working with an ERP system preferred (Microsoft Dynamics and Power BI).
- Self-starter, willing and able to lead the development of multiple operational processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team under time pressure with calm leadership while moving the team to achieve a time bound deliverable.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, lead effective meetings and demonstrated presentation skills; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Office; working knowledge of WordPress and/or Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluent English required; proficiency in French or Portuguese preferred.
How to apply
Apply through our Career Center at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=4134 by https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CHEMONICS&cws=50&rid=4204 June 24, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world . The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.