Do you want to help change the system to ensure the rights of people forced to flee are respected? We are looking for a creative and experienced media professional to join NRC’s Advocacy and Media Section and work with colleagues throughout the organization to accelerate our advocacy and media work in the service of the millions of people displaced around the world.
About the role
The Advocacy and Media Section is the main focal point for NRC’s global advocacy and media presence, a key component of which involves drawing evidence from NRC’s programmatic work to increase awareness through the media and influence decision-makers. Among other responsibilities, in this role, you will help develop and drive NRC’s strategy for increasing the organization’s impact through public advocacy and visibility in international media outlets, including by creating impactful communications and media products. You will also act as a media spokesperson for NRC on relevant issues.
You will report to the Advocacy and Media Director and be part of a dynamic and fast-paced team of advocacy and media experts who work closely together in an integrated approach to private and public advocacy.
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- Relevant university degree and minimum 5 years relevant professional experience in media, communication, journalism or similar;
- Professional knowledge and understanding of the use of media and communication for public advocacy;
- Experience in developing complex and context-sensitive media strategy and ensuring effective implementation;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the humanitarian sector, both policy and practice;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience in editing public documents;
- Proven coordination, networking, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with training and capacity building;
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changes and new requirements, and willingness to travel.
If you are curious and want to learn more about the role, please click here to access the Job Description.
What makes this position attractive?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity with an international team in an organization dedicated to advocating for the rights of people forced to flee;
- A chance for you to help develop and drive NRC’s strategy for increasing the organization’s impact through public advocacy and visibility in international media outlets;
- A permanent position with Oslo as the preferred duty station, but we can consider placement at other NRC duty stations for the right candidate;
- Salary and benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
We are happy about early applicants.
How to apply
To submit your application, please click here