The Senior Finance Officer in NWS will support the Partnerships, Programmes and Finance teams in managing the finance elements of partnerships, building capacity of partners in financial management, processing timely payments of vendors and suppliers, and cross-checking all documentation ensuring compliance with donor and Save the Children requirements.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in line with the job requirements
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Experience in assessment and remote monitoring of implementing partners.
- Knowledge of finance and operational controls in regards to cash transfer programming.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and under pressure alone and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced working knowledge with MS Office applications (i.e. Word, advanced Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Familiar working with financial systems
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and Arabic, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- I/NGO & donor relations/awards experience is highly desirable
- Communication skills (both written and spoken) in Turkish language is desired
- Experience of working in an international charity and ERP accounting systems such as Agresso is highly desirable
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector at the pay-grade of the position, transportation allowance as per relevant internal policy and 20 days of annual leave per year.
Position holder will be based in Antakya/Hatay, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of applicaton.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply