Mercy USA is an independent and impartial non-governmental organization.
Applications will be considered in due process from anyone fulfilling the below requirements of qualifications and skills. Those applications matching the requirements of qualification and skills will be short-listed. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview process and examination in which they have to prove their merit.
The interview and selection process will be conducted according to the internal regulations of Mercy USA and in agreement with a transparent, open and fair code of conduct.
REPORTS TO: DOCTORS
PLACE OF WORK: ELDIBIR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To interview the pregnant women regarding medical history, previous pregnancies and births and actual health status (including STI, Para check and syphilis screening).
- Examine the pregnant woman regularly (according to protocol and need); weight, BP, urine, presentation and growth of the foetus, foetal heart auscultation).
- Prescribing iron tablets, anti-malarial and albendazole as per protocol.
- Derivate to tetanus-toxoid vaccination as per protocol.
- Refer pregnant women to Clinical Officer in case of any medical complication.
- Record results accurately on Antenatal card.
- Give nutritional and general health education.
- Give pregnant women personalized information about pregnancy and birth (possible complications and how to react, hygiene, etc.).
- To assess the progress of labour (strength of contractions, cervical dilatation).
- Assessing foetal position and wellbeing.
- Perform delivery.
- Perform episiotomy and suture appropriately.
- Observe the woman post-natal watching for any complication.
- Administer Oxytocin and Ergometrine when needed.
- Provide information regarding the postnatal period and family planning issues.
- Assess the baby directly after birth (APGAR score).
- Examine the baby for any major abnormalities and weight.
- Assure appropriate cord care and body temperature of baby.
- Inform mother on infant care, Breastfeeding and vaccination calendar of baby.
- Follow the visit every morning with the expatriate midwife and/or expatriate /national MD / CO.
- Trained as a Nurse and graduated from a recognized institution on Somalia
· 2-3 years in similar position
Work related skills
· Good organizational skills
· Good time management skills
· Strong communication skills, including ability to lead and manage remote
· Ability to work in harsh conditions
· Aggressive and Result Oriented
· Able to set targets and meet own targets on a monthly basis and follow up targets of reporting colleagues
· Able to meet deadlines
· Knowledge of local Language- Somali
· Ability to work under pressure
· Team player
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong customer relation skills
How to apply
Due to the nature of Mercy USA Operations, flexibility is indispensable and unavoidable.
Any interested candidate can send a CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or Deliver hardcopy CV’s to our field office in Galkayo
The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply 18th June 2021.
What we stand for: - Mercy USA for Aid and Development is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all form of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Efforts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response.
Mercy USA for Aid and Development does not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, race, or persons with disabilities