Monitoring and Evaluation Officer,
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 40-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA) is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan. AMELA provides assistance to build the technical Monitor and Evaulation (M&E) knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide high quality research, analysis and data management support. Note that this is a full-time position based in Kabul, Afghanistan and will work under the direction of the Chief of Party and the Evaluation and Monitoring Team Leads.
· Perform data cleaning and basic data analysis using Excel
· Undertake literature reviews, database searches, document reviews and providing written summaries
· Conduct programmatic cataloguing of activities
· Perform basic quantitative and qualitative analyses
· Manage database and recordkeeping
· Support the Assignment Managers and AMELA senior staff as needed
· Bachelor's degree in related field required
· Two years of experience with programmatic evaluations and/or research studies required
· Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection methods
· Demonstrated experience to perform basic data analysis using Excel or other analysis software
· Demonstrated experience with qualitative data coding
· Demonstrated experience performing document and/or literature reviews and summarizing findings into a narrative format
· Capacity to learn new data analysis software such as MAXQDA and STATA
· Fluency in written and spoken English required
· Fluency in written and spoken Dari and Pashto languages required
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com