Position Location: Remote
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Grants & Procurement Financial Compliance Specialist will provide administrative and technical support to Grants & Procurement Manager on reviewing, processing, and controlling payments to project grantees.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants & Procurement Financial Compliance Specialist will report to the Procurement/Grants Manager or Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party, as needed.
- Reviewing, evidencing, and verifying all grantee & partner payment request, ensuring all costs incurred are reasonable, allowable, and allocable with substantive supporting documentation.
- Reviewing grant/Procurement reimbursement/payment solicitation, ensuring compliance with grant requirements and Creative policies to issue payments.
- Liaising with grantees & partners to receive adequate supporting documentation for payments on time.
- Maintaining the schedule of reporting for all grant-funded programs and assists project team in the preparing, filing, and disseminating related budget, financial, and effort reports and associated documentation, as needed.
- Reviewing and approving grantee and partner payments via Creative's online grants management system, the System for Managing Activities, Reporting and Tracking (SMART);
- Providing advisory assistance to grant applicants.
- Assisting in the evaluation of grant submissions for technical and budget soundness and compliance with donor regulations, recommending award actions.
- Providing support to Grants & Procurement Manager to ensure that pre-award documents are completed appropriately.
- Coordinating the issuance of awards and maintaining grant documentation through the development and upkeep of a grants database.
- Supporting the tracking of grant activities to monitor timely grants implementation.
- Supporting project grants using SMART.
- Supporting grantees and colleagues in the use of SMART through training and mentoring, as needed.
- Coordinating and preparing scheduled and special reports, studies and analyses regarding the grants program, as needed.
- Providing support to Grants Manager on closeout of grant activities.
- Working closely with Creative Associates' headquarters grants department, as needed.
- Contributing with tracking the financial progress of the program activities, and provide analysis, as well assist with preparations of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, as assigned.
- Assisting program staff with annual workplan budget for submission to HQ, working closely with all project team in the field and Creative Associates´ headquarters, as needed.
- Performing and completing special projects and other financial duties as assigned.**Qualifications**
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in management, business administration, or accounting desirable;
- At least (2+) years' experience with grants management or Finance; 3 years of working in international development;
- Understanding of USAID regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management, and ability to interpret and explain USAID regulations;
- Understanding of 2 CFR 200, ADS 302 and 303;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze cost proposals and prepare reports and recommendations on grantee selection;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred; and
- Fluency in Spanish is required, Fluency in English is desired.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.