Consultant Coordinator – Civil Society Response to COVID-19,
Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA),
Colombo, Sri Lanka
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 40-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) Activity aims to strengthen Sri Lanka's civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting civil society organization (CSO) participation in national and local governance processes. IDEA is a four-and-a-half-year (4.5) project ending on August 7, 2022. With the rapid spread of COVID-19 pandemic globally and in Sri Lanka, civil society organizations have set up the Civil Society Collective for COVID Response to support the humanitarian relief efforts through the supply of food and hygiene materials to over 800 children's homes, elders' homes, women's protection centers, disability centers and rehabilitation centers.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position
The Consultant Coordinator is to liaise between the district representatives and a national core group of civil society actors to ensure an efficient and effective response within the broader parameters agreed upon. This is a Short-Term Technical Assistance (STTA) position working for a 3-month period. The Consultant Coordinator will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
- Set the agenda for the periodic national core group and district representatives' meetings
- Ensure effective communication between the district representatives and the core group
- Guide the volunteer coordinators seconded by different civil society organizations
- Coordinate and regularly update the basic needs assessment and gaps from districts
- Prepare a national level assessment
- Collate information about the response contributions from districts in a timely fashion
- Prepare basic communication material to keep the key stakeholders informed
- Liaise between the technical leads, resource providers and the district representatives on the guiding principles, programmatic priorities, technical guidelines and operational requirements
- Organize online awareness session for the members of the network
- Bachelor's degree in related field of Crisis Management, International Relations, or a related field is required
- Minimum ten years of experience in international development and/or humanitarian aid programming
- Minimum of five years of field experience designing, implementing, and providing oversight in the relief, humanitarian, human rights, and development sectors
- Capacity in designing implementing and overseeing technical quality of interventions
- Knowledge of programming approaches that span relief, recovery, resilience, mitigation and development objectives
- Knowledge of USAID program approaches and priorities, and other donor policies, strategies, and program priorities required
- Strong critical analysis and conceptual thinking abilities, with the ability to both pay attention to detail and convey big picture and strategic ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working effectively in cross-cultural teams/settings
- Demonstrate time management and personal organization skills
- Strong connections among Sri Lankan civil society organizations (CSOs) at national and district levels
- Conversant with the government disaster response mechanisms
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in either Sinhala or Tamil required, fluency in both national languages preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com