As a Senior Project Officer for the Covid 19 Response program, you will facilitate the achievement of the emergency program objectives through coordinating and reporting on all program activities and providing guidance and advice to the Covid 19 Emergency Response team advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable and in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the program(s) for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve
· Ensure emergency programs are designed and implemented in high quality manner, according to global and CRS standards.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle including learning events, etc. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners and team members in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
· Ensure project documentation for assigned activities and reporting is complete with all required documents and is filed per CRS standards and donor requirements.
· Manage and monitor financial resources through planning and oversight to ensure efficient use of project resources.
· Support in project Report writing and Data Gathering.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree in International Relations, Social Work or related field would be a plus.
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of emergency response and for an NGO.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience; additional experience may substitute for some education.
· Experience working remotely with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required/Desired Foreign Language
English and Arabic fluent. French basic
Travel Required 25%
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All CRS staff
External: Visitors, consultants and partners
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to apply
Anyone interested in applying for this position should send a CV and a Cover Letter by email to LB_HR@crs.org
The subject of the application should be ‘Senior Project Officer - COVID19 Response’.
Deadline for submissions is 16th June 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted.