Desired start date: 01/09/2021
Duration of the mission: 6 Months
Location: Nigeria, Maiduguri
ABOUT THE MISSION...
SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Current coordination is based in Maiduguri while a representation office is set up in Abuja.
In 2020, SI opened a base in Zamfara State to start Emergency Response in North West where the security and humanitarian situation has been deteriorating in the past few years.
Security and humanitarian situation in both North East and North West as well as epidemic outbreaks continue to affect millions of live in those areas.
SI is responding to the humanitarian needs of displaced populations and host communities through Wash, Shelter & NFI, FSL and Emergency activities. Through strategic partnership, SI also promotes integrated approach with health and protection sectors.
The annual budget of the mission is around 9 million euros in 2020 and the mission has potential for development in its current area of intervention as well as in the North Western part of Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
The mission is fully staffed within 18 and 20 international and 220 national personals with a wide range of profiles working on 5 operational bases: Maiduguri, Dikwa, Ngala and Monguno in Borno State, Gusau in Zamfara State.
Security context is challenging in both North East (Borno) and North West (Zamfara), Nigeria, justifying specific arrangements. Depending on evolution of the security situation, access to the deep field vary from limited to none.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Regional Admin Manager will implement and supervise all administrative operations of two bases in North East Nigeria. He/she will organize administrative support for programs, enforcing Solidarités International procedures. He/she will assist. As per his JD he / she will be responsible for:
Administrative management of personnel:
- Assist in welcoming and integrating new personnel, ensure they receive administrative briefing
- Supervise the administrative management of personnel recruitment and hiring at his/her base
- Draft employment contracts for employees at his/her base, and ensure that they are adhered to
- Ensure that performance reviews are carried out according to defined procedure, and monitor the professional development of personnel
- Centralise training requests from teams and set up a training plan
- Assist in ordering and determining disciplinary measures
- Apply the formalities provided for sanctions and for termination or breach of contract
- Calculate taxes, complete returns and make statements and payments to the necessary organizations
- Evaluate risks linked to changes in compensation and social policies
- Oversee the setting up of legal representation and consultation bodies for personnel at his/her base, and assist in conflict management and resolution
- Track the cost of living
- Define the needs of administrative personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative team
- Manage his/her base's cash-flow and ensure that banks and cash boxes are well supplied
- Manage transfers and monitor the security of funds
- Formulate cash-flow forecasts with the logistics officer and the program managers
- Supervise the upkeep and security of safes and cash-boxes
- Validate all disbursements and commitments of expenditure, in compliance with Solidarités International procedures
- Supervise account keeping at his/her base, monitor cash balances
- Monitor bank books for his/her base and keep the safe
- Prepare and supervise the monthly closing, review and integration of the accounting for his/her base
- Verify the accounting files before they are sent to coordination
Budgetary / financial monitoring:
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress
- Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Aid the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
Administrative management of the base
- Verify and validate all contracts drafted at the base
- Assist in selecting Solidarités International premises
- Ensure administrative monitoring of insurance locations, claims and contracts
- Establish and maintain relationships with local and regional administrative authorities, monitor regulations in force
- Take part in meetings relating to administrative aspects, represent Solidarités International on request and/or by order
- Supervise the sending of administrative files to the coordination
- Ensure administrative and financial reports are made to the coordination according to the Solidarités administrative calendar
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Operationalize and follow-up the new Limited Access Programming set-up for the finance and HR department
- Ensure close follow-up of completion of on-going projects with a specific attention to budget and administrative support needs at base level
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Functional Line manager : HR Coordinator and Finance Coordinator
Direct Management: The administrative team of the project
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position
- Experience in remote management would be an asset
- Previous experience with SI is an asset
- Reliable, honest,
- Very good organizational skills
- Resistance to stress,
- Good interpersonal skills (communication), team player,
- Capacity to delegate and to manage,
- Languages: fluent in English
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Knowledge of general administrative management and SI tools (BFU, OFU, Homere etc)
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
SI will offer you
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 2420 gross per month (EUR 2200 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: USD 600
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of residence and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months
- 1 day off per worked month.
These days off, as well as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary: they are offered by SI.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please note that this is an expatriate position.
The Country Director is ideally based in Maiduguri, where all the coordination team and the Deputy Country Director for Programs are based.
In Maiduguri the base offers a comfortable environment, in spite of limited movements outside of the compound for security reasons. The Guest House offers good living conditions, with private bedroom and bathroom and shared and comfortable common spaces. Electricity and internet are available at the office and at the GH at all times. Volley-ball and badminton court, ping pong, and some gym equipment are available in the GH. All essential good (food, hygiene etc..) can be bought locally in the small shops around the office, or in the pre-validated supermarket. There is a good social life in Maiduguri, even though it has been slowed down by the Covid-19 context. Visits to other NGOs are possible, as well as some pre-validated places City Star restaurant, ICRC Lezzy Lizard bar.
Please note that SI strongly recommends its staff to get the vaccination against COVID 19, using WHO-approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure, in order to reduce the future logistical constraints once on the field (administration of the 2nd dose within a certain time frame).
How to apply
Please send us your CV AND Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=62993.
Please bear in mind that we receive a high volume of applications, which means it can take us a few weeks to get in touch with you. If you are shortlisted, please not that SI’s recruitment process usually includes: an HR interview, reference checks, written test, technical interview.
Eventually, please note that the vacancy may close before the deadline.
If you haven’t made up your mind yet, check our website.