Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) -- For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
S/he will responsible to manage the pedagogy & softskills development for all schools (General education, technical / vocational training schools, School of Languages, Special classes for handicapped children) including the management of the curriculum, the teacher assessment, training. Developping training contents, drive schools towards new and innovative methodologies.
The job holder reports to PSE General Director in Cambodia. S/he will manage 30 people.
- Develop a strategy aimed at reinforcing pedagogy and teaching quality in all PSE schools
- Plan curriculum development for all of the schools - except for technical schools that manage their curriculum by themselves
- Manage the annual training plan for teachers in collaboration with the Human Resource Department and schools managers
- Manage the assessment tools developed for student and teacher
- Provide technical support to the schools related to new trainings, quality assessment etc.
- Manager the « soft skills » teaching program for students
- Set objectives and performance appraisal of the pedagogy department staff; define and follow-up the annual budget; deliver internal and external (donors) reporting
- Master degree in Education, Pedagogy, Teacher Training Development or similar field
- 4 years minimum experience in pedagogy development
- English (mandatory, speaking, writing); Khmer and/or French (is a plus)
- Very good spoken and written communication skills
- Team management and leadership
VSI ou local contract
monthly gross salary of $1200 minimum.
How to apply
Détails et contacts :
www.pse.ong for comprehensive information concerning PSE
Applications with cover letter and resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org