Do you have deep experience leading education programs or products? Are pedagogy, learning experience, and curriculum development something you can't get enough of? Do you strive to make an impact and improve lives through the power of technology, inspire your team through your leadership, and be the best async and synchronous communicator in the 'room' (or rather Zoom or Slack)? If you’ve answered yes, this role could be a fantastic fit!
The Re:Coded team has doubled since 2020, and we're seeking someone to lead our Education vertical, our largest team at 19 people across 4 countries. You'll lead and scale an exceptional, human-centered education model that inspires the future of education and empowers youth from untapped communities to build careers in technology. You'll collaborate closely with the Co-founder and Programs Vertical to define the strategic direction and implementation of our bootcamps (UX/UI design, Front End, Back End, and React), shape the Education Vertical roadmap, and set and drive the Vertical's OKRs. You'll also manage and coach 5 Education team members—4 lead trainers and 1 instructional designer.
What You’ll Do & Desired Impact
We're a globally distributed team, and this is a 100% remote role based in one of our hub locations: The US (NY and Delaware), Iraq, Turkey, or Yemen!. We're looking to hire someone from a Senior Manager to a Director-level role, dependent on your skills and experience. We're a young team which means you'll have a lot of impact and growth potential during your first year and beyond. Here's what you can expect, and we’ll also leave plenty of space for you to define your role, too!
In your first 90 days, you'll:
- Get familiar with our education programs (Educators for Change, Immersive, and Inspire series) and understand our biggest pain points. You'll also be able to articulate how we teach, our core pedagogical principles, and why we use them.
- Understand Re:Coded's vision for impact and how we measure our impact goals, outcomes, and outputs.
- Get to know all Education Vertical team members, build trust across the vertical, and understand how their roles contribute to the Education Vertical and what team members' career aspirations are.
- Start to create Education Vertical OKRs that tie into the greater vision for the education vertical.
- Begin managing the senior Education team members and by extension the entire vertical.
- Understand how Programs and Education verticals collaborate and partner to deliver impact to our target communities.
In your first year, you'll:
- Set a roadmap for testing the education/learning model and prioritise experiments to run.
- Set roadmap for Education's Learning and Development in partnership with others.
- Facilitate regular teaching reflections with Re:Coded trainers to help them deepen their skillsets.
- Start to feel confident in advising org-wide and cross-functional decision-making.
- Start to build user-centered, agile practices (e.g., Scrum or Kanban) into everything we do.
- Strengthen the base of our education/learning model so that Re:Coded can scale our programs and expand to new markets, while maintaining focus on high-quality, student-centered impact.
- Increase efficiency and productivity in our Immersive series (UX/UI Design, Front End, Back End, React bootcamps) in partnership with the Programs vertical.
- Launch the Inspire series, testing multiple iterations to reach 1000+ learners in partnership with the Programs vertical.
- Pilot and optimize the Educators for Change series.
- Reach or exceed our student outcomes and organizational impact metrics.
- Be the in-house expert in online education trends and advance the product vision in partnership with the founders.
- Create and implement a Learning and Development plan for the Education Vertical in partnership with the People & Culture Vertical.
What You'll Bring
- Ability to lead impact-focused education programs, product management experience is a plus
- Experience teaching adult learners and/or teaching trainers/teachers
- Strong skillset in management and coaching, working with global, cross-cultural teams
- Previous experience working in Education or EdTech; experience at a startup is a bonus
- A deep understanding of education, pedagogy, learner experience, and curriculum development
- Conscious leadership skills like communication, growth mindset, emotional intelligence, strategic thinking, decision-making, motivating others, and delegation
Who You Are
- You're impact-driven and love using education as a way to harness the power of technology to improve lives
- You engage in your own self-development and continuous learning to identify strategic growth areas that contribute to your success
- You're a storyteller with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a high level of comfort with ambiguity and moving quickly in a collaborative culture
- You build trust and deepen relationships quickly, fostering a safe environment for everyone around you
What We Offer You
We design our perks to offer the space and support you need to thrive personally and professionally. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Work from anywhere in the world (UTC -5 to +3 timezones preferred)
- Have a flexible work schedule
- Equitable pay. Our formula-based compensation provides an equitable rate based on your skills and experience
- Annual $500 learning and development stipend
- Free access to all Re:Coded courses and Coursera and Datacamp Subscriptions
- Private insurance
- 33 days of paid time off
- New parents receive 12 weeks of paid parental leave
How to apply
Apply for the Job
Our culture is passionate, empowering, fast-paced and transparent. We're open to candidates from different sectors and members of our team have come to us from a diverse range of industries, from start-ups to government. We value ability and willingness to learn over years of experience.
Not sure if it’s a good fit? We’d still love for you to apply! Here’s what our hiring process looks like:
- Submit your application here. It includes your resume and thoughtful responses to the application questions.
- We review your application based on skills and experience. While you wait, you can learn more about what it's like to work at Re:Coded.
- Interview with Marcello Bonatto, COO, and Rachel Korb, Director of People and Operations. We'll begin interviews the week of June 7, 2021**.**
- We’ll ask you to complete a test project that you'll discuss during the final interview.
- Final interview with Alexandra Clare, CEO, and Shelley Hoy, Director of Programs.
- Culture Chat with 5 Education team members to get to know who you'd manage.
- Offer & Onboarding.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Re:Coded. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, education, or disability status.