SoCha, LLC is preparing a response to USAID/Ethiopia’s Highlands Resilience Platform for Adaptive Learning (R-PAL) Activity. The R-PAL mechanism will include platforms and processes that streamline collaboration, communication, and knowledge management for over 25+ USAID partners working to increase household and community resilience to shocks in the Highlands regions of Ethiopia. The primary purpose is to lead learning within USAID’s Transitioning into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project. SoCha is looking for qualified individuals to fill the role of Director of Project Management and Adaptation.
Scope of Work
The Director of Project Management and Adaptation will coordinate and facilitate CLA, knowledge management, and organizational development activities among USAID/Ethiopia internal and external stakeholders with an eye to adaptive management and ensuring sustainability of results and outcomes at the strategy, project, and activity levels. S/he will oversee knowledge management and support the dissemination of learnings, working closely with the other R-PAL staff and teams. S/he will report to the Chief of Party. S/he will also provide facilitation and event management support.
This position supports USAID/Ethiopia’s commitment to a multi-faceted Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approach to development. The CLA approach is based on the understanding that development efforts yield more effective results if they are coordinated and collaborative, test promising, new approaches in a continuous yet also rapid, targeted search for generating improvements and efficiencies, and build on what works and eliminate what doesn’t.
The R-PAL Director of Project Management and Adaptation will:
- Employ a collaborative approach with other implementers (including donors), and stakeholders, exchanging knowledge and ensuring complementarity, rather than duplication, of activities.
- Oversee program staff and consultants providing support to R-PAL partners as they engage in collaboration and learning events, strategic review and planning, capacity building, stakeholder engagement, and dissemination of learning;
- Oversee capacity building and training activities for TIGER stakeholders. This includes supporting curriculum and materials development and facilitating the activities.
- Translate learning from the implementation experience and external sources, while also considering changing conditions that impact achievement of expected results into strategic and programmatic adjustments throughout the course of the activity.
- Work closely with R-PAL’s research team to advise on Adaptive Management approaches.
- Lead the development of learning agendas and CLA Plans, implementation of learning activities, and track progress.
Qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated experience with CLA, KM, and OD in the USAID context, ideally in the resilience sector/s.
- Graduate degree in organizational development, communications, social sciences, business management, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience with event management; facilitation; CLA; organizational learning; adaptive management; monitoring, evaluation, and learning; change management; communications; and/or knowledge management in the international development sector.
- Strong facilitation skills with experience designing and delivering learning events, meetings, and trainings.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donor organizations, civil society and private sector, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners in developing countries.
- Excellent communication skills and strong proficiency in written and spoken English. Amharic language skills beneficial
How to apply
To lodge an application, please lodge your CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/director-of-project-management-and-adaptation-ethiopia/
Applications close 13 June 2021, application review will be on a rolling basis