Desired start date: 13/09/2021
Duration of the mission: 12 Months
Location: Nigeria, Maiduguri, Abuja
ABOUT THE MISSION...
SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Current coordination is based in Maiduguri while a representation office is set up in Abuja.
In 2020, SI opened a base in Zamfara State to start Emergency Response in North West where the security and humanitarian situation has been deteriorating in the past few years.
Security and humanitarian situation in both North East and North West as well as epidemic outbreaks continue to affect millions of live in those areas.
SI is responding to the humanitarian needs of displaced populations and host communities through Wash, Shelter & NFI, FSL and Emergency activities. Through strategic partnership, SI also promotes integrated approach with health and protection sectors.
The annual budget of the mission is around 9 million euros in 2020 and the mission has potential for development in its current area of intervention as well as in the North Western part of Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
The mission is fully staffed within 18 and 20 international and 220 national personals with a wide range of profiles working on 5 operational bases: Maiduguri, Dikwa, Ngala and Monguno in Borno State, Gusau in Zamfara State.
Security context is challenging in both North East (Borno) and North West (Zamfara), Nigeria, justifying specific arrangements. Depending on evolution of the security situation, access to the deep field vary from limited to none.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Country Director is the Solidarités International’s official representative in a country.
- S/He is in charge of the smooth running of the mission.
- S/He proposes mission strategy, according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once it has been validated.
- S/He monitors projects, ensuring that they are progressing in accordance with the Solidarités International charter and complying with internal and contractual procedures.
- S/He mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for the programs to run effectively and supervises the administration of these resources.
- S/He coordinates the teams in place and ensures their security on the mission.
- S/He is the direct liaison for Solidarités International HQ.
- Coordination and strategic orientation:
- Relevance and operational quality / operations monitoring
- Resource management
- Human Resource Management (20 expats and 190 national Staffs)
- Relationships with financial donors / fund-raising
- Internal and external communication
- Advocacy on key issues
Priorities for the 2/3 first months
- Follow-up on the implementation of new target organogram and Limited Access Programming methodologies
- Continuous context monitoring, update and enforcement of security protocols and access management
- Develop relationships with new donors
- Develop SI response in NW following the recent opening of Gusau base in Zamfara state
- Focus on HR set-up finalization and internal communication/mechanisms, to continue to improve mission performance, structure.
- Focus on working environment and team building
- Roll-out of the 2022 operational strategy that will be finalized in September 2021
- Development of existing /new partnerships with other humanitarian actors, including partnerships with Health and Protection actors
- Implementation and follow-up of the recommendations made by internal / external auditors to ensure full compliance of the mission operations.
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: HQ Desk Manager
Functional manager: Head of HR Expatriate Manager (HQ) for major HR issues
Line report(s) on bases:
- Direct Management: 2 Regional Field Coordinators for North East, 1 Area Coordinator for North West, HR Co, Fin Co, Log Co, Security Co, Deputy CD (Programs), Grants Coordinator, Conformity & Compliance Coordinator. The mission is also considering the recruitment of a Deputy CD Support to limit the number of Coordinators under direct supervision
- Indirect Management: 18 expats / 220 National Staffs
- Master Degree in humanitarian/development studies, social sciences, management or other related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years overseas experience working with an international humanitarian/development NGO, with significant program, team and financial management experience;
- Minimum 2 years in a similar position
- Experience of working and managing security in highly volatile security contexts
- Proven management ability, including ability to motivate and develop skills of team’s members. Must be able to make sound management decisions in difficult situations and also be able to work in a participatory manner with colleagues.
- Previous experience and achievements in managing a consortium and strong partnerships with other NGOs (MoUs, negotiations, governance…)
- Proven ability to deal with donors and operational partners.
- Proven ability to develop adapted humanitarian vision and strategy.
- Experience working with SI (or a similar organization) is an asset
- Prior experience in Nigeria would be considered as an asset
Skills and Qualities
- Strong knowledge of donors’ policies and guidelines;
- Strong knowledge of the project cycle management;
- Strong knowledge of principled-based approaches and advocacy skills;
- Excellent communication, networking skills, organizational and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Capacity to adapt and show organizational flexibility
- Cross cultural sensitivity and great team player
- Mature and solid leadership
- Fluent English is a must
- Computer literacy with very good command of MS Office
SI WILL OFFER YOU
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 3300 gross per month (EUR 3000 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly)
Monthly Per Diem: USD 600
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of residence and the mission.
- 1 break of 7 working days every 3 months
- 1 day off per worked month.
These days off, as well as the breaks, are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary: they are offered by SI.
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Please note that this is an expatriate position.
The Country Director is ideally based in Maiduguri, where all the coordination team and the Deputy Country Director for Programs are based.
In Maiduguri the base offers a comfortable environment, in spite of limited movements outside of the compound for security reasons. The Guest House offers good living conditions, with private bedroom and bathroom and shared and comfortable common spaces. Electricity and internet are available at the office and at the GH at all times. Volley-ball and badminton court, ping pong, and some gym equipment are available in the GH. All essential good (food, hygiene etc..) can be bought locally in the small shops around the office, or in the pre-validated supermarket. There is a good social life in Maiduguri, even though it has been slowed down by the Covid-19 context. Visits to other NGOs are possible, as well as some pre-validated places City Star restaurant, ICRC Lezzy Lizard bar.
A significant and regular representation of SI in Abuja remains essential, about the 50% his/her time, for coordination purposes, donor relations, security planning, advocacy and administrative reasons.
If the candidate requests to be based in Abuja could also be considered. However, a minimum of 50% of his/her time should be spent in Maiduguri.
Life in Abuja is comfortable and safe. Abuja has good markets, good international schools, high standard medical services, comfortable and safe housing.
Please note that SI strongly recommends its staff to get the vaccination against COVID 19, using WHO-approved vaccines. If possible, the vaccination should be done before departure, in order to reduce the future logistical constraints once on the field (administration of the 2nd dose within a certain time frame).
How to apply
Please send us your CV AND Cover letter in English via this link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=62950.
Please bear in mind that we receive a high volume of applications, which means it can take us a few weeks to get in touch with you.
If you are shortlisted, please not that SI’s recruitment process usually includes: an HR interview, reference checks, written test, technical interview.
Eventually, please note that the vacancy may close before the deadline.
If you haven’t made up your mind yet, check our website.