Hygiene promotion Team Member*2-IDLEB-SYNAT-Syria
at GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The Occupational Health Advisor will work with the COVID 19 Tracer in Idleb to oversee the implementation of GOAL Syria’s CV-19 mitigation measures and support staff with adherence to these measures. In addition, he will overseen on the health issue related with the staff.
Duties, objectives and competencies
· Conduct awareness raising and promote information sharing with staff around CV-19 transmission, prevention, and control measures in the office and at field sites.
· Support Area Coordinators, and HRM with CV-19 communication strategy to mitigate against rumor and misinformation, specifically, provide up-to-date reliable information to staff members and partner s, and clarify GOAL’s procedures and policies.
· Responsible for ensuring that CV-19 contract tracing team is trained in CV-19 transmission, prevention, and control measures, how to monitor signs and symptoms as well as confidentiality and data protection requirements for CV-19 cases (confirmed or suspected).
· Ensure CV-19 contact tracing team carries out contact management according to GOAL NWS protocols and HQ guidelines.
· Support/Supervise the CV-19 contact tracing team with the management and monitoring of close contacts.
· Support CV-19 contact and head of departmentswith managing the safe return of GOAL staff who recover from CV-19.
· Support with dissemination of information to GOAL staff relating to designated health services for testing and treatment of CV-19.
· Support Area Coordinator/HRM as required with communications to external actors relating to confirmed cases among staff, including ACU.
· Support HR manager in all issues related to occupational health of the staff.
· Reviewing the sick leaves, medical supportive documents provided by the staff. W
· Providing medical advisory to the staff by initiating medical map of the hospitals/doctors in Idlib/Azaz >
Check the first Aid kits the GOAL has in the offices and vehicles. And Facilitating the trainings related with First Aid.
· Second- or third-year students under graduated from any medical institute or faculty.
· Good knowledge on GOAL working areas and working context at NW Idleb offices.
· Good knowledge on CORONA VIRUS Prevention procedures.
· Attended relevant trainings dealing with CV-19 infection and sterilization process.
· Desire to work and ability to work under limited team management.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please inform email@example.com with the details immediately.
"يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عن طريق ارسال رساله الكترونيه الى firstname.lastname@example.org و الافصاح عن جميع بالتفاصيل على الفور.
Application deadline is 16th June 2021 .