Training Project manager
Based in Paris HQ
Salary: between 2700-3000 € net per month (depending on the profile)
Duration: 2 years (renewable)
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Deputy Director General in charge of Regional Activities and Institutional Affairs, and the direct supervision of the Head of the Capacity-Building Department.
The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) is an intergovernmental organisation recognised by the World Trade Organization as a reference Organisation for intergovernmental standards concerning the sanitary safety of international trade of animals and products of animal origin and zoonoses, and oversees improving animal health, veterinary public health and animal welfare worldwide, as well as transparency of the global animal disease situation. In addition to international standard setting, the OIE is actively engaged in supporting its Member Countries to strengthen their national veterinary services (VS) in order to be able to effectively implement those standards relative to animal and zoonotic disease control. In this context, the Capacity-building Department, which manages the OIE Platform for the Training of Veterinary Services, develops, implements, and continually improves a comprehensive strategy for the delivery of capacity-building activities to Members, in line with their needs and the OIE’s resources. Through the Platform, it also assures the development of the relevant training programmes and tools for Delegates, national focal points and other targeted public, according to identified learning needs.
The Training Project Manager will contribute to the development and implementation of targeted projects aiming at performing learning needs’ assessment and designing, delivering and assessing face-to-face, web-based and blended training initiatives (products and programmes), mainly based on the OIE Competency Packages (https://training.oie.int/ ). He/she will be in charge of the project management and will be responsible for ensuring the timely and successful delivery of activities in line with objectives.
Missions and activities
The Training Project Manager will contribute to:
– Develop learning needs’ assessment surveys
– Design, develop and assess capacity-building activities
– Develop and address training plans for prioritised needs
– Update and maintain the OIE Training Portal
– Support the activities of the OIE Platform for the Training of Veterinary Services
– Ensure the management and implementation of the projects assigned
– Contribute to the development of a detailed project management plan to monitor and track progress, including:Identify risks, and analyse, manage and propose mitigation measures which may impact the timely delivery of the project
– Develop a project M&E framework, performance metrics and track project performance
– Ensure tracking and validation of expenses and meeting of budgetary objectives
– Develop and implement a communication plan
– Ensure that the project delivers outputs on time, within scope and within budget
– Contribute to the management of the procurement processes under the projects ensuring compliance with OIE rules
– Where relevant, support the management of sub-grants, ensuring reporting, budget forecasting, expenditure tracking and work plan monitoring;Contribute, in collaboration with the competent OIE offices, to the periodic reports required by donors
– Provide overall project coordination
– Ensure information sharing and collaboration between project partners and their contribution to the strategic planning of the project
– Maintain regular communication with operational partners to ensure synergy and complementarity of actions and interventions
– Liaise with OIE Headquarters and regional staff involved in the implementation of the project
– Ensure implementation of activities sub-awarded, outsourced or delegated to partners throughout the project, including experts, partner institutions, and external suppliers
– Contribute to project communication and advocacy
– Organise and support international workshops, meetings, and conferences relevant to the project
– Represent the OIE at external meetings as relevant
– Provide topic specific advice on matters relating to the project
– Contribute to drafting papers, articles and other relevant informative technical and communication material to promote the project’s objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
– Advanced graduate degree (Master’s level or equivalent) in international affairs, public health, public administration, business administration, education-related fields or otherwise relevant field.
– At least 5 years of professional experience with progressive responsibilities in training project management.
– At least 3 years of professional experience in an international context.
– Experience in training and capacity building in Animal Health and Welfare and Veterinary Public Health would be an asset.
Competencies: To manage extensively the whole face-to-face, virtual and blended based training cycles adopting advanced project and resource management methodologies. Apply quality standards to the training processes, respecting the risk-based thinking approach (e.g. ISO 9001:2015 standards). To develop learning needs’ assessments and training programmes/courses, assessing and reporting the outcomes and impact of training. To use the most appropriate learning methods, tools and technologies, including social learning methods, consistent with the reference context and the learning needs. To act as class and on-line tutor to assist tutor-supported trainings. To define terms of reference for capacity building supply services and to address appropriately external providers. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, of eLearning Content Management Systems, of elearning authoring and development tools, videoconference and webinar platforms, software to implement surveys and polls, and any other IT resource to develop eLearning contents.
Additional competencies: Excellent writing skills and ability to summarise complex technical discussions into clear and concise reports. Excellent command of English, including excellent oral and written communication skills. Good knowledge of a second OIE language (French or Spanish).
Interpersonal skills: Excellent communication skills. Leadership and capacity to generate engagement. Enabling change management. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multinational and multicultural environment. Excellent organisation skills and ability to meet specific deadlines. Flexibility to changing environments. Capacity to learn and a self-motivated worker. Demonstrated initiative, including ability to think operationally and achieve results.
How to apply
The post is a full-time position based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris. It requires flexibility to travel internationally and long hours in a seated position at a computer.
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions, or beliefs. This is a full-time position as an international civil servant based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris (France) that is available immediately. If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 25 June 2021 at the latest by clicking on the link below. APPLY HERE