Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organization that provides support to women rights organizations and women human rights defenders in conflict-affected areas to promote gender equality and women’s participation in all levels of decision making. Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Amman, Jordan, and country offices in Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq and Tunisia. Kvinna till Kvinna currently supports some 50 women’s rights organizations in eight countries in the region with organizational, thematical and financial assistance.
Kvinna till Kvinna’s Syria Regional Programme
January 2017- December 2021, focuses on women´s increased participation,
psychosocial support and women´s economic empowerment as well as support to
partner organisations’ capacity building, networking and advocacy in the
Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner organisations in
the Syria Regional Programme vary widely in structure, level of capacity and
topical focus; and they operate under different national and operational
frameworks, and degree of physical and organisational stability and they are
based in the MENA region and Europe.
Purpose of the assignment
The overall purpose of this consultancy is to
1) support two of Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner organisations in the Syria Regional Programme to have improved their Advocacy strategies
and approach and
2) support Kvinna till Kvinna to identify priority needs for coordinated advocacy and strategic communication campaigns for all seven partners in the Syria Regional Programme.
Details of the assignment Deliverables
1) Support two of Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner organisations to have improved their Advocacy strategies and approach:**
· Work separately with each of the two partner organizations to review existing advocacy
plans and strategies and approaches and assess their needs.
· Work closely with each of the two organizations to develop advocacy strategies, in a
participatory approach, according to the findings of the review, the needs, and
the operational context.
· Train relevant staff on how to implement the developed strategies, in a participatory
and interactive approach.
· Finalize and submit the developed strategies.
Support Kvinna till Kvinna to identify priority needs for coordinated advocacy and strategic communication
campaigns for all seven partners in the Syria Regional Programme:
· Consult with the seven partners on how Kvinna till Kvinna Syria regional progarmme can
support them in coordinated advocacy and strategic communication campaigns.
· Consult with the seven partners on the technical assistance on networking, messaging
and advocacy needed from Kvinna till Kvinna Syria regional progarmme
· Provide recommendation to Syria Regional Team on the needed capacity building
activities to support the partners in that regard.
Deliverables and reporting requirements
· Submit an inception report (around 1-2 pages) explaining how the consultant envisions the process of the assignment and a detailed work plan, including tentative timing.
1) Review and assess existing advocacy strategies, campaigns, plans and all relevant documents of each of the partner organizations. Develop a tailored strategy to each partner according to their operational context and their different needs and capacities. Prepare and conduct workshop/training for the partner organizations to train on relevant skills approaches and techniques with the support of Kvinna till Kvinna. The workshop/s is most likely to happen remotely; Follow-up with key staff in each partner organisation to discuss and finalize the advocacy strategy for each organization;
2) Consult with the seven partners on how Kvinna till Kvinna Syria regional progarmme can support them in coordinated advocacy and strategic communication campaigns. Consult with the seven partners on the technical assistance on networking, messaging and advocacy needed from Kvinna till Kvinna Syria regional progarmme. Provide recommendation to Syria Regional Team on the needed capacity building activities that
can ensure long term support to our partners organizations on advocacy, lobbying and movement building;
· A final report to be shared with Kvinna till Kvinna (format can be discussed) that includes summaries of overall findings, observations, and recommendations per partner organisation and an analysis of common advocacy needs/gaps/situations in the current partner portfolio of Kvinna till Kvinna’s Syria Regional Programme.
Management and organisation
Theconsultant will be working closely with the Kvinna till Kvinna Syria Regional Programme team. The consultant is responsible for completing and delivering the above specified deliverables to the Syria Regional Programme team.
The total duration of the consultancy is to be decided between the consultant and Kvinna till Kvinna Syria regional programme team, based on a time frame submitted by the consultant in accordance with the points specified in this ToR. The suggested time frame must include sufficient time allocated per organisation
including preparation, workshop, analysing the findings, support in developing action plan and follow up. In addition, the consultant shall contextualise the strategies to the operational context of partner organisations, and deliver reports to Kvinna till Kvinna’s Syria regional programme team on the implementation of the
Consultant fees shall be specified as fees per day including taxes, social security contributions and VAT. The tender shall state an estimated total value of tender, including expenses such as telephone, internet or postage, and expenses for travel to the Middle East and/or Europe related to the assignment. Contracted consultant cannot further subcontract the assignment. In cases where the tender includes a team of consultants, their division of work shall be presented.
Substantial experience from supporting local and small organisations in advocacy.
Good understanding of women’s rights, civil society and development programming.
In-depth knowledge of the Syrian context
Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and spoken.
Strong facilitation skills and the ability to lead a group through a set process.
Experience of planning and conducting workshops.
Experience in campaigning and social media.
Educational requirement: University degree or equivalent of relevance for the assignment.
How to apply
The work plan for the implementation of the consultancy will be developed in partnership with Kvinna till Kvinna’s Syria regional programme team and its partner organisations. The deadline for submitting applications is 7th of June, 2021. Please submit a cover letter along with curriculum vitae, documentation of
credentials/qualifications, list of references (3), and a financial offer including VAT together with a time frame and a methodological note. All materials shall be submitted in English to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted